Finally joined the forum from Texas

Howdy neighbor, can't get much closer than Midlothian and Waxahachie. Welcome to the forum. We're always up for good stories, especially about Africa, and it sounds like you have a few.

Welcome to the dark side, congrats on booking your Leopard hunt, good luck.

Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard Mark. We have several members with "work" histories similar to yours. What kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload?
Thanks Shootist43 for the welcome! I figured I would run into a few people that have/still work the west coast countries of Africa on here. As far as caliber of guns I have a decent collection that spans the usual caliber gauntlet from .22 to .458 Win Mag. This next trip I will be using a couple rifles that I’ve bought recently. One is a Christianson Arms Ridgeline .300 Win Mag with a Burris Eliminator III and the other is an InterArms Whitworth (Manchester UK built) .458 Win Mag that was found in an estate sale in practically brand new shape that will have a Trijicon Accupoint scope mounted on it once I get home. I do have one hunt coming up that is really based around the gun itself….Bison - Pedersoli 1874 Sharps Rolling Block 45/70. That will be fun for me and then she can retire. As far as reloading, I personally don’t but I have a couple buddies obsessed with it.

Howdy neighbor, can't get much closer than Midlothian and Waxahachie. Welcome to the forum. We're always up for good stories, especially about Africa, and it sounds like you have a few.
Thanks neighbor! We’ve probably been in Academy staring at the same bare ammo shelves together! LOL…I’ve actually got quite a few stories from all those years working those countries. I’ll be happy to share a few on here that range from being held hostage in Ghana to having a large python slither past you on the deck of an offshore drilling rig! There’s no place like Africa…

Morning Mark, I for one am up to "hearing" some of the stories you mentioned. You can even include some of your previous hunts. :giggle::giggle:

I have an InterArms in 308 Norma Mag that acquits itself well. Where are you going to hunt your Bison?

Last edited:
Morning Mark, I for one am up to "hearing" some of the stories you mentioned. You can even include some of your previous hunts. :giggle::giggle:

I have an InterArms in 308 Norma Mag that acquits itself well. Where are you going to hunt your Bison?
A high fence ranch in Texas. A friend of mine is splitting the cost of the hunt so he can have most all of the meat in order to have it processed and donate it to an elderly couple he knows. I get the head, hide and hunt experience with a cool gun and another species on the list.

Hello Mark,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Paul.
(Velo Dog)

Welcome to AH and the posting side! This forum has a wealth of information. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Welcome to AH and we look forward to your participation!

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH @Mark Henderson ! Looking forward to hearing your stories and perhaps a picture or two of that Pedersoli ;)

Mark, welcome to AH! Now you know our expectations are a safari report! Best of luck pursuing the Big 5/Dangerous 7. I’m envious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!