Elephant & Leopard Hunts Available 2021

Very nice offer Sir. Are the ele hunts at night or tracking/stalking in daylight?

Cheers,
Mark.

Very nice offer Sir. Are the ele hunts at night or tracking/stalking in daylight?

Cheers,
Mark.

Hi Mark we hunt both methods depending in which area or time of year and on personal preference.

Best regards

Wayne

You will enjoy. Wayne is a great person and I am sure he will make sure it’s a very memorable trip. Can’t wait for a hunt report. Enjoy

Had to reschedule the hunt. According to Ethiopian Airlines, Zimbabwe gov't closed the Victoria Falls airport. China Virus?? No flights in on Feb 20.

Had to reschedule the hunt. According to Ethiopian Airlines, Zimbabwe gov't closed the Victoria Falls airport. China Virus?? No flights in on Feb 20.
Why can’t you fly into Bulawayo or Harare?

Harare is 6 hour drive. I would have to pay an outrageous price from ADD to HRE and then overnight in Harare, and fly to BUQ the next day. Working on reschedule.
DON"T believe the change fees on the Ethiopian website. They are 3X what is on the site. "We can't credit your flight because we didn't close the airport". I believe customer service is under "C" in the dictionary? Not very helpful folks!

Harare is 6 hour drive. I would have to pay an outrageous price from ADD to HRE and then overnight in Harare, and fly to BUQ the next day. Working on reschedule.
DON"T believe the change fees on the Ethiopian website. They are 3X what is on the site. "We can't credit your flight because we didn't close the airport". I believe customer service is under "C" in the dictionary? Not very helpful folks!
I flew Ethiopian last November from the USA to addis then onto Harare where my outfitter picked me up and we drove together to our hunting area just north of Bulawayo. It was 4.5-5hrs.

See if your outfitter will pick you up in Harare. It wasn’t fun driving after such a long flight but if you want it bad enough you will do it.

Elephant is still unimportable to the United States Correct ????

Elephant is "legally" importable to the USA on a "case by case" basis of determination. You will need lawyers (they work free though) from ConservationForce to build the case for import. That is the best hope.

The good news is the law says clearly USFWS has 60 days to make a determination and approve or reject your import permit. The bad news is USFWS doesn't care what the law says, they've not reviewed any permits for 4 years.

By the way, you know who's fault that is? Donald J. Trump and his big damned mouth and stupid tweets. If you recall, he got on national TV like the big anti-hunter he actually is and mentioned that trophy hunting is "disgusting". He then banned imports via edict over twitter. USFWS though "hmm, we best not do anything that will get us fired, lets just sit on these permits in contravention of the law". Then Trump changed his mind and tweeted "yes, on a case by case basis". They then provided guidance in the Federal register reflecting this position for animals killed through December 31st, 2018. Since that point, the USFWS has published nothing of any guidance for 2019, 2020, or 2021. It matters little, since what is the point of publishing the administrative rules or guidance if they don't follow their administrative rules or guidance?

Adding insult to injury, they only allow two import permits per person, per year. So many of us have so many ignored permit applications in queue at best they will approve the first two and then reject the rest saying "you have too many".

As you can tell, I'm pretty damned fed up with this situation and as a hunter I was very disappointed in Trump's big mouth. I'm equally disappointed that we (as in SCI/DSC) gave Trump Jr. the time of day making him the speaker at the convention without the quid-pro-quo of him pressuring the president and USFWS to follow their rules. How can we give keynote speaker status to someone to speak as a passionate global hunter without demanding they undo the mess THEY made for us? I never understood that.

I flew Ethiopian last November from the USA to addis then onto Harare where my outfitter picked me up and we drove together to our hunting area just north of Bulawayo. It was 4.5-5hrs.

See if your outfitter will pick you up in Harare. It wasn’t fun driving after such a long flight but if you want it bad enough you will do it.

Every PH in Zimbabwe will pick you up in Harare, possibly for free, or they will starve and die. There is no plan to get anyone into Zim via Vic Falls or Bulawayo at this point. Bankrupt airlines, closed routes, and covid restrictions from neighboring countries has made Harare the only plan. Most PHs know that this is going to be the worst financial year on record for African safaris. Most PHs are going to take it on the chin and go get clients in Harare regardless of where the hunt is to take place.

Every PH in Zimbabwe will pick you up in Harare, possibly for free, or they will starve and die. There is no plan to get anyone into Zim via Vic Falls or Bulawayo at this point. Bankrupt airlines, closed routes, and covid restrictions from neighboring countries has made Harare the only plan. Most PHs know that this is going to be the worst financial year on record for African safaris. Most PHs are going to take it on the chin and go get clients in Harare regardless of where the hunt is to take place.
Absolutely right! These are crazy times that we are living in. Don’t be so accommodating...if it comes down to picking you up in Harare or losing a safari, your outfitter is going to pick you up.
God only knows when Vic Falls, Bulawayo, and SAA will open and fly again

Elephant is "legally" importable to the USA on a "case by case" basis of determination. You will need lawyers (they work free though) from ConservationForce to build the case for import. That is the best hope.

The good news is the law says clearly USFWS has 60 days to make a determination and approve or reject your import permit. The bad news is USFWS doesn't care what the law says, they've not reviewed any permits for 4 years.

By the way, you know who's fault that is? Donald J. Trump and his big damned mouth and stupid tweets. If you recall, he got on national TV like the big anti-hunter he actually is and mentioned that trophy hunting is "disgusting". He then banned imports via edict over twitter. USFWS though "hmm, we best not do anything that will get us fired, lets just sit on these permits in contravention of the law". Then Trump changed his mind and tweeted "yes, on a case by case basis". They then provided guidance in the Federal register reflecting this position for animals killed through December 31st, 2018. Since that point, the USFWS has published nothing of any guidance for 2019, 2020, or 2021. It matters little, since what is the point of publishing the administrative rules or guidance if they don't follow their administrative rules or guidance?

Adding insult to injury, they only allow two import permits per person, per year. So many of us have so many ignored permit applications in queue at best they will approve the first two and then reject the rest saying "you have too many".

As you can tell, I'm pretty damned fed up with this situation and as a hunter I was very disappointed in Trump's big mouth. I'm equally disappointed that we (as in SCI/DSC) gave Trump Jr. the time of day making him the speaker at the convention without the quid-pro-quo of him pressuring the president and USFWS to follow their rules. How can we give keynote speaker status to someone to speak as a passionate global hunter without demanding they undo the mess THEY made for us? I never understood that.
I hear you on that brother, but if you are disappointed with Trump (I am too) wait until Biden and then Harris! get started...as they say, “You ain’t seen nothing yet!”

Was able to reschedule for first of March. Used a different airline. Ethiopian LIED about the government closing the VFA airport. It was never closed, after opening in Oct 2020. They have 0 customer service, and will rip you off and lie to you. Avoid them if you can! Was able to do an add on hunt in SA since I have to go through JNB now. This add on hunt was cancelled from last April. I am hoping no cancellations by the airlines. One cancelled flight, and the whole trip is in jeopardy.

For what its worth, the one thing you can count on in Zimbabwe is that the affluent elites will not be inconvenienced by these airline worries. At least twice, the emirates flight to-from Dubai that has a layover in Zambia has had Grace Mugabe on board when I flew in. The Emirates flight to Harare is the one that sticks around that won't be canceled. For Bulawayo and Vic Falls? You're probably SOL. If you fly fro USA to Dubai to Harare you will get there, they aren't going to cancel those flights as that is the route that is used to get the wealth of Zimbabwe moved out of the country.

Hitch your wagon to certainties!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg