Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles

One grumpy ele!

That elephant was having a bad day. Wouldn't want to be stalking him!!!

They don't show that in any Disney movies

Curious what happened before the attack. The buffalo didn’t look all that healthy, but the elephant was on a mission. Must have been something to bring this on, even if the elephant was more than usually grumpy.

Strange behavior !

One upset cow elephant! It appears like she either has a small calf(not shown) or is very close to calving. You can see she has swollen mammaries if you slow down the video.

This would have her hormones mixed up and could be the reason for her aggressive behaviour.

The young buffalo does not look well to start with.

The grass at the bottom of the clip could be close to a watering hole and the area looks to be very dry. Could be mamma arrived finding very little or no water and the sick buffalo calf stayed behind after his herd left.

With mamma's hormones all mixed up the sick buff had no chance.

Dangerous animals these grumpy, hormone mixed up elephant cows are!

Should have known there would be a woman involved somewhere!!!

buff didnt stand a chance.

Interesting video. Nature provides many unique story lines. It is nice to live in the age of video where we can enjoy them. Thanks for posting.

A friend told the following story.

He was camping on the Ruaha River and noticed a few bludgeoned hippos laying dead along the river. One day he hears a commotion down the river and goes to investigate. An old blind cow elephant has dragged a hippo out of the river and is killing it. The elephant went back in the water to find another hippo. My friend killed the elephant after it came back out of the water.

Not sure if the elephant had some form of dementia or anger issues. As I recall she was alone and not with her family group which is unusual for a cow. Possibly she was too difficult to live with. Have noticed other females of different species that have that character trait as well.:confused::mad:

Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Interesting video. Nature provides many unique story lines. It is nice to live in the age of video where we can enjoy them. Thanks for posting.

A friend told the following story.

He was camping on the Ruaha River and noticed a few bludgeoned hippos laying dead along the river. One day he hears a commotion down the river and goes to investigate. An old blind cow elephant has dragged a hippo out of the river and is killing it. The elephant went back in the water to find another hippo. My friend killed the elephant after it came back out of the water.

Not sure if the elephant had some form of dementia or anger issues. As I recall she was alone and not with her family group which is unusual for a cow. Possibly she was too difficult to live with. Have noticed other females of different species that have that character trait as well.:confused::mad:
Probably a close friend of my Ex Wife

Thanks for sharing. Yea that buff wasn’t well I don’t think! Shows you how fast an elephant can kill.

Nature sometimes play out differently than what is anticipated or expected, then we are surprised of the outcome.
Lesson learned: life (and wildlife) is unpredictable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdellStarn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.