Draw results 2022

I have a Lifetime License for deer in Utah so I have a LaSal muzzle loader deer tag. I struck out on all the rest.

I'm just getting points in Wyoming this year, and I should have a Colorado muzzle loader deer tag and points for the rest

No love from Utah this year. Just stacking points!

I didn't draw a Wyoming moose tag. I have 20 preference points and it took 22 points to draw this year and a few with 21. Very frustrating. Now executing Plan B, going to Alaska in mid-September and hunt big moose there.

Yes for Montana elk and deer for my son and I.
A big no for Idaho elk. The application system changed this year, it was a disappointment for out of state hunters. I had been 5 years and 5 elk in Idaho. I won’t be discouraged, next year!

@Tra3 where in Montana will you be hunting elk?

Elk and mule deer archery in Montana this September for me. Put in for New Mexico as a hopeful but slim to no chance- didn’t draw.

601B119B-A838-466A-9E8B-E67A674C06D7.jpeg

Colorado cow moose is on the menu for this year! Took 8 years after I got my bull to draw this cow tag, but that was half the years it took to draw the bull. Chapuis DR in 9.3x74R with 286gr Norma Oryx should be a good choice of armament. Looking forward to some great steaks!
Also have a buck deer tag for the unit I've been elk hunting for the last 8 or 10 years. It only required 2 points; last one took 4. As most of the time I'm hunting dark timber, the Chapuis might get carried around the mountains again; should be good for both deer and elk.
Granddaughter and I both drew late season doe antelope permits as well. Good thing as the regular season overlaps with the moose season. Antelope will be pursued in the backyard essentially, but it's still a challenging hunt. Might use a 250gr NP out of a 9.3x62 just for a change of pace. Either that or a Sharps in 45-70. If the Chapuis is successful on everything else, might just use it on an antelope as well for a complete DR hunting season!

Congratulations on some fun tags! It’s gonna be a fun autumn for you for sure

Drew South Dakota Black Hills bull elk tag. October 1-31st season. Very tough to draw. I’ve had one bull tag previously in South Dakota in 1997. Hills are a lot steeper now than they where back in the 1900’s!

I drew my Colorado bull elk tag for muzzleloader. Just ordered some Hornady Bore Driver XTP 290 grain and some Thor Hammer 300 grain. Was hoping to find some good, heavy, non-sabot bullets…. Limited options but hoping for the best

Drew South Dakota Black Hills bull elk tag. October 1-31st season. Very tough to draw. I’ve had one bull tag previously in South Dakota in 1997. Hills are a lot steeper now than they where back in the 1900’s!
Good for you! That is a tough tag to draw. Resident tags will draw the middle of this month so we'll see if I am doing much hu timg this fall after the draw.

Drew New Mexico 16A for Bull Elk. No dice anywhere else but also didn’t plan on drawing anything this year.

Congratulations to everyone who drew. I have an obligation that is keeping me from taking off for a week during the fall so I just bought points.

Drew New Mexico 16A for Bull Elk. No dice anywhere else but also didn’t plan on drawing anything this year.
Congrats! We put in for it the last couple years but no dice. Hunted 15 with New Mexico big game and had a great time previously

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg