AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
I’ve discussed doubles with many of you on the forum. Special thanks to @Backyardsniper, @CAustin, @KMG Hunting Safaris for taking time to steer me in the right direction. Still on the fence about double vs bolt gun…

Before pulling the proverbial trigger on a rifle which is no doubt a large financial investment, I would like to shoot a double.

If anyone near or in Alabama with a 450/400 or 470 NE willing to take time to meet and shoot a few rounds would be much appreciated.

I’ve discussed doubles with many of you on the forum. Special thanks to @Backyardsniper, @CAustin, @KMG Hunting Safaris for taking time to steer me in the right direction. Still on the fence about double vs bolt gun…

Before pulling the proverbial trigger on a rifle which is no! doubt a large financial investment, I would like to shoot a double.

If anyone near or in Alabama with a 450/400 or 470 NE willing to take time to meet and shoot a few rounds would be much appreciated.
You can check and see how far.you are from Paducah, Ky. You can come up here if.it isn't too far. I have a good range right down the road and plenty of 470 ammo, might as well test drive this Blaser while you're up here!

You should reach out to Bill Jones. He has quite a collection and really enjoys discussing their history. I know a number of guys from our SCI chapter have had a chance to shoot some of them.

You should reach out to Bill Jones. He has quite a collection and really enjoys discussing their history. I know a number of guys from our SCI chapter have had a chance to shoot some of them.
Bill Jones does have quite the collection that’s for sure. How would I reach him?

You can check and see how far.you are from Paducah, Ky. You can come up here if.it isn't too far. I have a good range right down the road and plenty of 470 ammo, might as well test drive this Blaser while you're up here!
You’re almost 5 hours from me but that’s not out of the question.

Before pulling the proverbial trigger on a rifle which is no doubt a large financial investment, I would like to shoot a double.

You are most welcome!

Where in Alabama do you live

I have O/U doubles in .450 C&W (the .375 H&H rimmed opened up to .450 Watts proportions), plus .458 WM, .375 H&H, and a side by side in 9.3X74R. I live in West Tennessee, just a few miles from the Kentucky border, in Henry County, which is just south of Murray, KY. Let me know if any of these rifles/calibers interest you., and send me a PM.

Bill Warren

There’s a .500 Nitro Express William Evans boxlock ejector (1920s manufacture) which a friend is trying to sell. Are you interested ?

You live 2.5 hours from me. I have a farm where my shooting range is in Pine Mountain GA. If you would like to come over one day I can plan to be there and bring my Westley Richards in 500 NE and you are welcome to shoot it all you want. Just let me know

I’m in Dublin, Georgia. If you ever have any reason to be over this way I have a .450-.400 and a .500-.416 you could shoot.

You live 2.5 hours from me. I have a farm where my shooting range is in Pine Mountain GA. If you would like to come over one day I can plan to be there and bring my Westley Richards in 500 NE and you are welcome to shoot it all you want. Just let me know
I appreciate that! I have some time off coming up so I may reach out to you.
I’m in Dublin, Georgia. If you ever have any reason to be over this way I have a .450-.400 and a .500-.416 you could shoot.
Very interested in the 450/400 caliber. Unfortunately you’re a long way away!

Good to hear you are getting there Andrew, and the journey is as enjoyable as the purchse at the end. And that is just the beginning!
Get on a plane man, don't skimp on this, go and see and shoot. 450/400 is a great calibre, and it normally comes in a mid frame that is easy to shoot and carry.
You know me, I am besotted with Heym, it may cost a bit more but you will only smile from there on.

Kevin is correct. I enjoyed my Chapuis 450-400 NE DR and took some nice animals with it. I just found the Westley Richards in 500 NE that was one of my dream DR at a price I could not pass up. I also agree with him…hard to beat a Heym. Reach out to Chris Sells in Texas as he is the Heym US distributor. Great guy!

Good to hear you are getting there Andrew, and the journey is as enjoyable as the purchse at the end. And that is just the beginning!
Get on a plane man, don't skimp on this, go and see and shoot. 450/400 is a great calibre, and it normally comes in a mid frame that is easy to shoot and carry.
You know me, I am besotted with Heym, it may cost a bit more but you will only smile from there on.
Unless I find a used Heym, Heym is out of the budget. I love their rifles!

Kevin is correct. I enjoyed my Chapuis 450-400 NE DR and took some nice animals with it. I just found the Westley Richards in 500 NE that was one of my dream DR at a price I could not pass up. I also agree with him…hard to beat a Heym. Reach out to Chris Sells in Texas as he is the Heym US distributor. Great guy!

I’ve spoken to Chris Sells multiple times over the years. Super nice and helpful but just couldn’t decide on bolt vs double. Should have went to Dallas with him to try them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg