Double rifle airline case

Just a WAG, but I believe the ticket agents think the 62" is the length limit. They're probably math challenged, and adding up a few fractions is beyond their skillset, a good thing.
e-big-grin.gif


The only time I've seen excess baggage was on the Americase aluminum steamer trunks.
 
Just to clarify, I am referring to a double rifle, as in my WR 470, not to a case for two rifles. I will definitely want to take in take-down condition. I have a hard case for it, but not the kind one would pack through on an airline (probably would be not be accepted anyway) - be nice if I was traveling by ship in the 1920s!
The Nanuk 985 has a case with foam for a take down rifle
Frank
 
I have a couple of the SKB cases, and I love them. They come with a lifetime warranty. I had one come home from Argentina with a crack several years ago and it was replaced. The Pelican cases are great, but they are very heavy even without firearms added.

I use an SKB 5009 case the most and I have never been charged oversize luggage fee.

Safe travels.
 
+1 on the Tuffpak Rifle case for 2 rifles. My second trip to Africa. Make sure you get the Tuffsack too then it's so easy to just slide it out open guncase one by one and allow the various authorities to verify serial numbers. I'd also suggest taking bolts out of rifles and packing in bubble wrap then place in a cardboard box inside Tuffpak. With airlines now a PITA on excess weight I just pack whatever clothes jackets or shoes to a weight of 23kg or 50lbs and no more. Fantastic case and surprisingly dust proof too if it's on the back of the Bakkie travelling to the hunting area. I also cut a piece of high density foam and place at either end of the tuffpak.

The external of the tuffpak shows quite a bit of abuse but thankfully rifles inside have been fine!
 
Another vote for Tuffpak. Mine’s been on two Africa trips as well as general use and although it’s scuffed up, it’s ready for another trip.
I usually pack a jacket in the bottom for both padding and so it doesn’t take up as much space in my duffle. I use well padded cases with pockets on each. I remove the bolts, wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in the pockets. I also carry a set of sticks in it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,947
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top