Double rifle airline case

Just a WAG, but I believe the ticket agents think the 62" is the length limit. They're probably math challenged, and adding up a few fractions is beyond their skillset, a good thing.
e-big-grin.gif

The only time I've seen excess baggage was on the Americase aluminum steamer trunks.

Just to clarify, I am referring to a double rifle, as in my WR 470, not to a case for two rifles. I will definitely want to take in take-down condition. I have a hard case for it, but not the kind one would pack through on an airline (probably would be not be accepted anyway) - be nice if I was traveling by ship in the 1920s!
The Nanuk 985 has a case with foam for a take down rifle
Frank

I have a couple of the SKB cases, and I love them. They come with a lifetime warranty. I had one come home from Argentina with a crack several years ago and it was replaced. The Pelican cases are great, but they are very heavy even without firearms added.

I use an SKB 5009 case the most and I have never been charged oversize luggage fee.

Safe travels.

+1 on the Tuffpak Rifle case for 2 rifles. My second trip to Africa. Make sure you get the Tuffsack too then it's so easy to just slide it out open guncase one by one and allow the various authorities to verify serial numbers. I'd also suggest taking bolts out of rifles and packing in bubble wrap then place in a cardboard box inside Tuffpak. With airlines now a PITA on excess weight I just pack whatever clothes jackets or shoes to a weight of 23kg or 50lbs and no more. Fantastic case and surprisingly dust proof too if it's on the back of the Bakkie travelling to the hunting area. I also cut a piece of high density foam and place at either end of the tuffpak.

The external of the tuffpak shows quite a bit of abuse but thankfully rifles inside have been fine!

Another vote for Tuffpak. Mine’s been on two Africa trips as well as general use and although it’s scuffed up, it’s ready for another trip.
I usually pack a jacket in the bottom for both padding and so it doesn’t take up as much space in my duffle. I use well padded cases with pockets on each. I remove the bolts, wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in the pockets. I also carry a set of sticks in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upreports

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.