Dog Food

BenKK

AH elite
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
1,499
Reaction score
2,642
Location
Northern Territory, Australia
Media
176
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Australia/NZ
4
Even in uncertain times the dog must still be fed.

I would’ve gladly settled for any buffalo regardless of age or gender, but after a long and frustrating search I found this tremendous old bull and the M98 .300H&H did the trick with a 180 grain Woodleigh PPSN to the heart.

IMG_0690.JPG


IMG_0691.JPG
 
wow I like the broken horn! Congrats
 
Nice! I wish we had critters around here that we could shoot year round to feed my dogs!
 
That old bull has CHARACTER.
Very nice.
Maybe too nice for the dogs? :D
Some of that better end up as biltong.
 
BenKK, is that the rifle you normally use on Buffalo? The 300 H&H is one of the calibers that I don't own but I've certainly thought about it. Did you have that rifle built or buy it as it is?
 
BenKK, is that the rifle you normally use on Buffalo? The 300 H&H is one of the calibers that I don't own but I've certainly thought about it. Did you have that rifle built or buy it as it is?

It was made for me by Tony Small in Australia.

I do use it fairly frequently. Not sure how many buffalo it’s knocked-over. Between fifty and a hundred.
 
Hey really nice old bull there Ben.
Nice thick bases !

Hope you're wearing your tree climbing shoes when you go out buff hunting with the .30 :whistle:
 
He was about sixty or seventy metres away, curious, when I shot him, and he instantly buck-jumped forwards in a sprint towards me, so I pondered my position and my waltzing abilities and the various trees shielding me, but in the same moment he veered away nicely.
 
ben,
you need a 9.3 x 64.
he would have gone down like a bag of hot doodoo.
bruce.
 
ben,
you need a 9.3 x 64.
he would have gone down like a bag of hot doodoo.
bruce.

Ben, I will have a custom build on an Argy '09 in 9.3x64mm for sale soon if you want to test Bruce's theory ;)
 
Hey really nice old bull there Ben.
Nice thick bases !

Hope you're wearing your tree climbing shoes when you go out buff hunting with the .30 :whistle:
Nah, mate it’s a Super .30 as they call them. The term was new to me but the .300H&H certainly has some devout followers. Nice rifle and I’d rather that than a .308 inning Buffalo when I get the chance.
Paul T , I think it was you that led me toward your mates .375H&H, it’s been good so but little use.
On first receiving it I slammed some PPU ammo through to see how it functions , quite well. I them offered my 16 year old twin nieces a shot of the Elephant gun who gladly had a go off sticks. Both Happy to use it before there father arrived to get a turn.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top