Does Plaid Work As Well As Camo?

How many animals did Chuck Adams kill with a bow wearing a plaid shirt ? Look at his older photos.
1st person that came to mind. He actually recommended it in his Bowhunter's Digest book. I've never worn camo in Africa, and in some countries it's illegal as they consider it Military wear-only.

I never truly "took" to camo. In my pointless opinion its marketing is to fool human eyes. And to that regard it works perfectly. But being from South Africa, nothing looks stupider than a hunter who is in camo from head to toe and his guide( here there aren't many places you are allowed to hunt alone) is wearing normal clothes. It doesn't make any sense.

I always wear flannel or dull colours.
Screenshot_20210529_084205.jpeg
IMG-20210608-WA0016.jpeg
31873.jpeg
IMG_20210702_132029.jpeg

Keeping yourself from being silhouetted and knowing when to move are far more important than camo clothing. Here in the US deer walk right by hunters wearing brown coveralls and orange vests every rifle season.

Although, I do think for archery it is important. You don't always have an obstacle between you when you draw back. When you get caught and they look up at you, I do think the camo can be important if you need them to take a couple more steps.

Well, since cammo is almost a necessity in the U.S. for turkeys...

It has become my std. kit in the field, especially still hunting.

100% Ripstop cotton BDU's.

0-650-propper-uniform-poly-cotton-ripstop-bdu-coats-woodland-camo.jpg

More for the material, especially in the South.

Light wt., fast drying, mosquito and wind proof, tough as nails.

Also roomy enough to add layers underneath, as the weather changes.

P.S. Also comes in solid O.D. and Khaki, for your cammo restricted areas.

Alternating top and bottom works as well.

Red

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you