Does Cabela's Negotiate on Used Guns? Anyone know?

Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
Just wondering if I ever found something in their "library" of used rifles if they ever "dicker" on price or is it "take it or leave it" pricing.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.mashambanzousafaris.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Hey Cliffy
I talked to the manager in the Forth Worth Gun Library and he was willing to negotiate on a Sabatti .470NE. I'd be willing to bet they would on most anything, especially if you were there in person.

James.Grage

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Cliffy

The key answer is talk to the manager as he is the one who has the ability to adjust price.

They have some flex room and when a rifle or shotgun sit too long in a store it is moved back east and then they will reduce the price and there is still room to work with however it is narrowed down.

When it hits this Cabela's store it will be about 30% off the sticker price in the store you are at.

They will deal over the phone and sent the gun to a business close by for final paper work.

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Agree, I bought my well used 270 Weatherby Magnum Mark V from Cabelas and they came down some, you won't get a steal but then again you won't get robbed either.

1ObsessedHunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
South Africa
They will come down some....don't be afraid to haggle with them, especially if the gun has been sitting there a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arichaelzeyer

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation