Does any Safari leading company offer senior citizen rates?

Never worry about what your first African hunt will cost. It is the ones that follow that tend to get expensive.

Mine was the other way around, the second one was more expensive and much better. :):)

Thank you for your information. I’m not in a position, as of now, to make a commitment for any hunts. When I can you will be notified.
Are you Barry from Storage Wars on TV?

And while I’m on the subject, it has been mentioned that cull hunts might be a good way to hunt at a reduced price.
My understanding of the word “cull” is it is a necessary function to wean out the unprofitable animals competing for food, mates, etc. This leaves the more attractive animals for hunters looking to harvest a record “whatever “
By providing the service, culling, I would think the “cullers” might get to hunt for a zero fee. It does make the business’s herd healthier making the ranch more attractive to potential “high end” customers.

And while I’m on the subject, it has been mentioned that cull hunts might be a good way to hunt at a reduced price.
My understanding of the word “cull” is it is a necessary function to wean out the unprofitable animals competing for food, mates, etc. This leaves the more attractive animals for hunters looking to harvest a record “whatever “
By providing the service, culling, I would think the “cullers” might get to hunt for a zero fee. It does make the business’s herd healthier making the ranch more attractive to potential “high end” customers.
You do seem to have a singularly unique view of your personal value proposition in this whole safari thing. ;) Outfitters, ranch and concession owners run businesses - not charities. Regardless what you shoot, they have to transport you, feed you, provide sleeping arrangements for you, and provide you with a properly licensed PH who also expects to be paid and hopes to be tipped. If the land owner wanted to shoot the animals for nothing but their meat value, he would do it himself. The cost of a hunt is a combination of any transportation costs, the daily rate, and the trophy fees associated with the animals taken. The latter can vary dramatically between a 58" Kudu and the cull cost of a springbok. A "package" is merely an assembly of these three cost factors in a way that typically offers a discount over an itemized hunt.

A "cull hunt" is indeed a way to save trophy fee costs on a hunt. I am sure several outfitters here would work with you on a week long hunt with a single trophy animal and a number of cull animals significantly below trophy fee costs. But things like the daily rate will have to remain because you are physically there on a guided hunt regardless of the specific animals you may be pursuing.

Maybe we can hear your theories on tipping too?

I can be if you waant me to be … wait… are you trying to make fun of me?
Although your picture is partially hidden, you kind of look like him and are of similar age, from California and seem to behave similarly so thought I'd ask.

if you want something for free call the government. If you want to panhandle stick to red lights and street corners.

Eaaaaaasy gents……

@Damonk1384, if you take a good look through the deal section, you’ll see some pretty impressive pricing on various hunts from beginner plains game to elephant and rhino. This should give you a good baseline on what to budget for. If current finances don’t allow you to go right away, you’ll be amazed what some small changes in your spending habits can do.

In the mean time this is a great place to absorb knowledge and dream!

You do seem to have a singularly unique view of your personal value proposition in this whole safari thing. ;) Outfitters, ranch and concession owners run businesses - not charities. Regardless what you shoot, they have to transport you, feed you, provide sleeping arrangements for you, and provide you with a properly licensed PH who also expects to be paid and hopes to be tipped. If the land owner wanted to shoot the animals for nothing but their meat value, he would do it himself. The cost of a hunt is a combination of any transportation costs, the daily rate, and the trophy fees associated with the animals taken. The latter can vary dramatically between a 58" Kudu and the cull cost of a springbok. A "package" is merely an assembly of these three cost factors in a way that typically offers a discount over an itemized hunt.

A "cull hunt" is indeed a way to save trophy fee costs on a hunt. I am sure several outfitters here would work with you on a week long hunt with a single trophy animal and a number of cull animals significantly below trophy fee costs. But things like the daily rate will have to remain because you are physically there on a guided hunt regardless of the specific animals you may be pursuing.
Since when do people working for

The ranchers would not be paying wages to the hunters. The hunters pay their own way to and from the ranch. How is the ranch putting out any monies? Any of the people I have helped for free generally, and happily, fed me and gave me a place to sleep if needed. While on their property I would hardly be expected to pay for transportation to and from the work to be done. These common practices in my experience.

Since when do people working for

The ranchers would not be paying wages to the hunters. The hunters pay their own way to and from the ranch. How is the ranch putting out any monies? Any of the people I have helped for free generally, and happily, fed me and gave me a place to sleep if needed. While on their property I would hardly be expected to pay for transportation to and from the work to be done. These common practices in my experience.
But you aren't really "helping them." Culling is something they can do themselves far more efficiently than you or I. They are assuming the burden (expense) of your presence to assist with the cull. They will pick you up at the airport (you are unlikely to get there otherwise on your first African hunt), feed and house you, guide you, tell you what you can and can not shoot, care for the game, and transport you back to the airport.

You are not doing them a favor. You are not a hired marksman. You are a client shooting non-trophy game. Nothing more. It can indeed be a economic alternative to a trophy hunt. But it isn't a free lunch.

But you aren't really "helping them." Culling is something they can do themselves far more efficiently than you or I. They are assuming the burden (expense) of your presence to assist with the cull. They will pick you up at the airport (you are unlikely to get there otherwise on your first African hunt), feed and house you, guide you, tell you what you can and can not shoot, care for the game, and transport you back to the airport.

You are not doing them a favor. You are not a hired marksman. You are a client shooting non-trophy game. Nothing more. It can indeed be an economic alternative to a trophy hunt. But it isn't a free lunch.
I’m agreeing with everything you’re saying. Thank you and I’ll leave it at that.

You are not doing them a favor. You are not a hired marksman. You are a client shooting non-trophy game. Nothing more. It can indeed be a economic alternative to a trophy hunt. But it isn't a free lunch.
No, but one might get a free senior discount lunch during the cull hunt? Maybe a couple of free senior discount beers after the hunt too? I did. LOL

I think I no the answer but on the off chance there is…
They wouldnt be in business long if they did. There are many great deals out there however. Meet me at DSC or SCI and Ill show you around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!