Detachable rings

The first detachable mount that I used was 60 years ago, Weaver detacho mt. I had the scope off and on of the rifle so many times I lost track of count, but as long as I didn't loosen the scope in the rings, the scope returned closer to 0 that I could shoot the rifle. Since that time I've used Griffin& Howe and Jaeger side mts, Leupold QD, Talley and one or two others- They all return close enough to 0 for me to not consider a change in point of impact- then again, I don't try for marginal shots on game that need 1/4-1/2 MOA.
 
But, for real scope or sights use, I do like my Viennese Springer mount on my Mannlicher. Look low, there's the iron. A bit higher, there's the scope. Whichever you like.

And what, on any odd day, could be better than just shooting an old Mannlicher?

Likewise the claw mounted Gerard 'B' on my M1910 Take Down Model.

Got to love the quick detach feature as well. Simple, efficient, always returns to perfect 'zero'.
 
The German mounts are by far the best (and most expensive and complicated) but Talley, Warne, Leupold, Alaskan and even Weaver are "Minute of Darn Close" if you reattach them consistently. I have experience-based confidence in all the ones I listed.

Safe shooting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,414
Messages
1,575,468
Members
170,330
Latest member
AleciaHand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top