Delta Airlines Recent Experiences

I was on DL200 on saturday. The plane came in from Seoul later than expected so we took off at exactly 11pm est. Boarding was uneventful. Food wasnt that great imo, flight attendants were good. Bit of a bumpy ride but nothing crazy.
As for seats if I had to do it all over again, I would NOT pick any premium select bulkhead other than a bulkhead window seat. Id save a bunch of money and pick a comfort plus bulkhead seat which have a good amount of room or pick a PS window seat away from the front. I made the mistake of getting an aisle seat as I havent flown in a long time and forgot how much it sucks when you have broader shoulders

The PS bulkhead seats are much too close to the lavatories and galley. If you have a hard time sleeping on planes then definitely do not sit towards the front of the PS section. Also the PS seats are very comfortable on this long flight. Forgive me if this is a bit disjointed. I am still exhausted from all the travel

Here are some pics of the comfort plus bulkhead seats I took for @Cam300
View attachment 532711View attachment 532712

We’re you bulkhead left or right? Thanks

Reactions: MTA
We’re you bulkhead left or right? Thanks
Hey Philip, I was in seat 20G and on the return flight I am in 20D. I would say that 20a and 20j would be alright but would avoid the rest of the front row
IMG_5359.jpeg

We will DEFINITELY NOT being using Lami per previous advice and research. We will be using Airlink, it costs more, but is far more reliable than Lami from what I've read and been told.

We are using Airlink for flights from Joberg to Cape Town this year… affordable and most reliable regional carrier available IMO

I was on DL200 on saturday. The plane came in from Seoul later than expected so we took off at exactly 11pm est. Boarding was uneventful. Food wasnt that great imo, flight attendants were good. Bit of a bumpy ride but nothing crazy.
As for seats if I had to do it all over again, I would NOT pick any premium select bulkhead other than a bulkhead window seat. Id save a bunch of money and pick a comfort plus bulkhead seat which have a good amount of room or pick a PS window seat away from the front. I made the mistake of getting an aisle seat as I havent flown in a long time and forgot how much it sucks when you have broader shoulders

The PS bulkhead seats are much too close to the lavatories and galley. If you have a hard time sleeping on planes then definitely do not sit towards the front of the PS section. Also the PS seats are very comfortable on this long flight. Forgive me if this is a bit disjointed. I am still exhausted from all the travel

Here are some pics of the comfort plus bulkhead seats I took for @Cam300
View attachment 532711View attachment 532712

Looking for that hunt report!

Excited to hear how your hunt is going.

@MTA89 from your seat selection chart above, it appears your seats were very close to the galley and restrooms. I try to get a few rows between me and that noisey, smelly area. Also people will line up in the aisle and you end up with somebody standing right next to you. Very annoying.

Yesterday, I received my third change notice from Delta on my late July early August flights 200/201. Had to change my domestic flights to ATL both times as the layover went from perfect to too short and then too long.

We are using Airlink for flights from Joberg to Cape Town this year… affordable and most reliable regional carrier available IMO

I used Airlink last year when I hunted the East Cape. Flt was on time, and in no time I was landing in East London. Leaving East London was the same, no issues.

Last edited:
Hey Philip, I was in seat 20G and on the return flight I am in 20D. I would say that 20a and 20j would be alright but would avoid the rest of the front row
View attachment 532812
A friend and I are in 20 H & J on the Zim Safari in June. I always prefer bulkhead if I can get it. I understand where you are coming from however.

Airlink has been the only reliable carrier of rifles lately. I believe SAA got their permits back now.

View attachment 532812
Did they serve you the same food as economy or was it upgraded and in actual dishes? It seems they are inconsistent on this one. When PS was rolled out it was supposed to include first class food. Then the Rona hit and they used that to screw their customers by serving straight up coach food.

1683635863241.png

Did they serve you the same food as economy or was it upgraded and in actual dishes? It seems they are inconsistent on this one. When PS was rolled out it was supposed to include first class food. Then the Rona hit and they used that to screw their customers by serving straight up coach food.
I am thinking of what snacks to pack in my safari vest for the same trip this August? Light on the beef jerky for sure, do not want to drink all the time and then que up for the lav.

View attachment 532812

So I presume there's not bulkhead right behind row 25 to prevent reclining or at least not allow full recline, correct?

It definitely was not the first class meal so Im assuming it was the same as economy. Pretty bad. Ill try the chicken on the return flight. I had the short ribs and it was unremarkable

Looking for that hunt report!

Excited to hear how your hunt is going.
Dont want to hijack the thread but it is going well so far. Blesbok down at 294 yards. Spent the rest of the day chasing impala and zebras throughout the hills.

I will post a detailed report once I am back though

So I presume there's not bulkhead right behind row 25 to prevent reclining or at least not allow full recline, correct?
Sorry Phil I missed this. Weve been hunting hard. Yes there is a bulkhead there but I am not sure if it prevents full recline. Let me try to find out on the flight home on the 16th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!