Ike85123

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
None
Seems kinda silly to be able to put safety in the backseat for like 10 bucks ! Its sad that such a small amount of money can give so much risk to others !

Not sure I understand, please explain. In Michigan we cannot charge Hunter Education Students for anything above the costs of the material and or location used. The vast majority of students are taught for free.

@Ike85123 I completely agree and have never understood why Texas would ever offer that option.

@Shootist43 In Texas( and maybe other states?), a person who is purchasing a hunting license and has not completed a hunter education course, can choose to purchase a $10 deferral(on top of the license cost) and is legal to hunt. It can only be purchased once though and is only good for one license year. After that, they would need to have completed the course or be in violation.

Most states are foregoing the in person field day requirement to Hunters Ed and allowing 100% online courses. Actually making it easier to obtain during the pandemic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.58.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.58.09 AM.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 44
In OH you need to complete the course before you can purchase a license.
I normally agree with TX’s gun and hunting views, but what idiot dreamed up this idea? Safety is numero uno.

Are there any other stipulations on the purchase?

I know that in Utah you can get away with not doing the hunter safety but you also need a licensed person with you while you are hunting. I don't remember just what it is called there but it gives a person a chance to go hunting to see if they want to pursue hunting as a hobby.

After Texas fixes the license issue, we need to fix the trash and thievery on public land. I’ve hunted public land all over (5 years in SC) and never had anything stolen or seen any bad trash/waste. Hunted a lot this year on public here in Texas and everyone I met had cameras or even stands stolen and you’d trip over trash everywhere you walked.
Never thought of hunters as the stealing or littering type but it was pretty apauling

375 Ruger Fan, what you said is absolutely true. As a long time Hunter Education Instructor, IMHO that is a terrible mistake.

Jasyblood, thanks for clearing this up. I'm glad Michigan doesn't follow suite. That practice totally subjugates the reason why "Hunter Safety" now called Hunter Education was developed in the first place.

Hunters training was easier before all the anti's. I took a 2 day class when i was like 6 or 7 on a weekend at the jr high school in my city. ( which try to find a hunters course/firearms safty class in a school now !)
They did it like twice a year for only 20 bucks. And the money included a van ride to the range and use of their 22lr single shot bolt guns and ammo.
My how things change !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross