Decline In Hunters Threatens How U.S. Pays For Conservation

Discussion in 'Articles' started by PARA45, May 16, 2018.

1. PARA45

PARA45 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
    I was looking at Maven optics, and got into their Twitter page, and came across this article about hunting decline in the US. The article it's a little long, but worth reading. Based on the number of tree huggers, and their quest to stop hunting, I do foresee this actually happening. I also believe, that it is our obligation as hunters to teach our sport & values to our next generation.

Enjoy.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/20/5930...hare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 7.34.06 PM.png

AfricaHunting.com likes this.

2. flatwater bill

flatwater bill AH Fanatic

Member of:
    NRA endowment member
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
    Thanks for posting this. Where I hunt , the absolute number of hunters is increasing quite rapidly. But the percentage of those that hunt, here in the fastest growing state in the USA, is plunging. Good article........................FWB

3. Fred Gunner

Fred Gunner AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    On one hand I love not finding other hunters in my mountains. Going days without seeing so much as another human track gives me joy.

On the other hand this keeps up the government will just raise taxes?

4. CAustin

CAustin BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Teach a child to hunt folks. Take your kids hunting. If there is a neighbor who doesn’t hunt but his kid expresses an interest .....well take that kid to hunt. Chances are you will at least replace yourself in the hunting ranks and possibly add another person or two to the ranks.
    My father did not hunt. He had a shot gun and walked the wooods a couple of times with me when I was a kid but he had no desire to go h7nting every year. Once he was sure I understood gun safety he let me walk the woods by myself but he didn’t want to go. However, my best friends dad would take us every fall multiple times rabbit and squirrel hunting. I enjoyed it so much that my father asked one of his Masonic brothers to take me deer hunting. Well after the first deer hunt I was really hooked for life and today it’s a passion.