Dakota Rifles

twf

Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, CCA, Ducks Unlimited
I have been doing a fair amount of research trying to decide which rifle I will purchase in .375 H&H. I have come across several post recommending the cz, ruger, and Winchester rifles. But I am surprised not to read anything about Dakota Rifles. I am looking for opinions and insight from men that have shoot and hunted with a Dakota rifle. Please advise.

James.Grage

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
TWF

There are a few on here who use a Dakota rifle. The one's who like them and the ones who do not. Like everything else it was personal preference.

http://www.africahunting.com/375-up/5208-what-375-h-h-rifle-would-you-purchase-why.html

Check this out

I have been doing a fair amount of research trying to decide which rifle I will purchase in .375 H&H. I have come across several post recommending the cz, ruger, and Winchester rifles. But I am surprised not to read anything about Dakota Rifles. I am looking for opinions and insight from men that have shoot and hunted with a Dakota rifle. Please advise.

FUELMAN

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have been using Dakota's for about 10 years. The first one I purchased from Dakota directly, the second one was pre owned, the third and forth came through Gulf Breeze Firearms. Calibers are 280 Rem, 300 Win, 375 H&H, and 416 Rigby. I think they are great. Call LD @ Gulf Breeze and let him see what he can do for you.

TERMINATOR

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), EX Member Safari Club Intl
Hunted
USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Namibia, Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right) and R.S.A.
Are they Controlled Round Feed?

Personally I would not have a bolt action rifle in .375H&H or bigger that wasn't Controlled Round Feeding on the assumption that it would be a Dangerous Game rifle.

And I would not own a DG rifle that was not a Bolt Action with Controlled Round Feeding or a Double Rifle.

Just my opinion of course.

That is why I own a Model 70 Safari Express in my .375H&H

Bolt action less than .375H&H...whatever rifle brand suits you and Dakota makes a good rifle.

I happen to have the Win 70 .375H&H and a Weatherby Mark V in .300Wby and I could stop with those two rifles if I wanted to...but I own several smaller "deer rifles" too.

Lately I have been collecting fewer rifles and spending more on hunts.

TERMINATOR

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Namibia, Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right) and R.S.A.

TERMINATOR

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
I have been using Dakota's for about 10 years. The first one I purchased from Dakota directly, the second one was pre owned, the third and forth came through Gulf Breeze Firearms. Calibers are 280 Rem, 300 Win, 375 H&H, and 416 Rigby. I think they are great. Call LD @ Gulf Breeze and let him see what he can do for you.

A man would never need another rifle beyond your 4 Dakotas for hunting IMHO

Well, maybe something in .22 cal centerfire or .243 for critters

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Are they Controlled Round Feed?

Personally I would not have a bolt action rifle in .375H&H or bigger that wasn't Controlled Round Feeding on the assumption that it would be a Dangerous Game rifle.

And I would not own a DG rifle that was not a Bolt Action with Controlled Round Feeding or a Double Rifle.

Just my opinion of course.

That is why I own a Model 70 Safari Express in my .375H&H

Bolt action less than .375H&H...whatever rifle brand suits you and Dakota makes a good rifle.

I happen to have the Win 70 .375H&H and a Weatherby Mark V in .300Wby and I could stop with those two rifles if I wanted to...but I own several smaller "deer rifles" too.

Lately I have been collecting fewer rifles and spending more on hunts.

now from what i have read on here the .300wby is for big rabbits and coyotes etc, and the.375h&h only just makes it for the smaller deer? :p:whistling:

TERMINATOR

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
now from what i have read on here the .300wby is for big rabbits and coyotes etc, and the.375h&h only just makes it for the smaller deer? :p:whistling:

;) Yea, I tend to go light ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lore2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BillyMiller wrote on Qc_BearHunter's profile.
Hi. I’m also new to AH. I’m a professional hunter in Zambia. If you would like me to quote or give you any advise would be more than happy to help. You can reach me on WhatsApp or Signal on +260 977 583697
Rifle57 wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
Viral is a great guy to trade with First Class all the way!!
Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!