Dakota Rifles

twf

New member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Media
14
Member of
SCI, CCA, Ducks Unlimited
I have been doing a fair amount of research trying to decide which rifle I will purchase in .375 H&H. I have come across several post recommending the cz, ruger, and Winchester rifles. But I am surprised not to read anything about Dakota Rifles. I am looking for opinions and insight from men that have shoot and hunted with a Dakota rifle. Please advise.
 
TWF

There are a few on here who use a Dakota rifle. The one's who like them and the ones who do not. Like everything else it was personal preference.

http://www.africahunting.com/375-up/5208-what-375-h-h-rifle-would-you-purchase-why.html

Check this out



I have been doing a fair amount of research trying to decide which rifle I will purchase in .375 H&H. I have come across several post recommending the cz, ruger, and Winchester rifles. But I am surprised not to read anything about Dakota Rifles. I am looking for opinions and insight from men that have shoot and hunted with a Dakota rifle. Please advise.
 
I have been using Dakota's for about 10 years. The first one I purchased from Dakota directly, the second one was pre owned, the third and forth came through Gulf Breeze Firearms. Calibers are 280 Rem, 300 Win, 375 H&H, and 416 Rigby. I think they are great. Call LD @ Gulf Breeze and let him see what he can do for you.
 
Are they Controlled Round Feed?

Personally I would not have a bolt action rifle in .375H&H or bigger that wasn't Controlled Round Feeding on the assumption that it would be a Dangerous Game rifle.

And I would not own a DG rifle that was not a Bolt Action with Controlled Round Feeding or a Double Rifle.

Just my opinion of course.

That is why I own a Model 70 Safari Express in my .375H&H

Bolt action less than .375H&H...whatever rifle brand suits you and Dakota makes a good rifle.

I happen to have the Win 70 .375H&H and a Weatherby Mark V in .300Wby and I could stop with those two rifles if I wanted to...but I own several smaller "deer rifles" too.

Lately I have been collecting fewer rifles and spending more on hunts.
 
I have been using Dakota's for about 10 years. The first one I purchased from Dakota directly, the second one was pre owned, the third and forth came through Gulf Breeze Firearms. Calibers are 280 Rem, 300 Win, 375 H&H, and 416 Rigby. I think they are great. Call LD @ Gulf Breeze and let him see what he can do for you.

A man would never need another rifle beyond your 4 Dakotas for hunting IMHO

Well, maybe something in .22 cal centerfire or .243 for critters
 
Are they Controlled Round Feed?

Personally I would not have a bolt action rifle in .375H&H or bigger that wasn't Controlled Round Feeding on the assumption that it would be a Dangerous Game rifle.

And I would not own a DG rifle that was not a Bolt Action with Controlled Round Feeding or a Double Rifle.

Just my opinion of course.

That is why I own a Model 70 Safari Express in my .375H&H

Bolt action less than .375H&H...whatever rifle brand suits you and Dakota makes a good rifle.

I happen to have the Win 70 .375H&H and a Weatherby Mark V in .300Wby and I could stop with those two rifles if I wanted to...but I own several smaller "deer rifles" too.

Lately I have been collecting fewer rifles and spending more on hunts.

now from what i have read on here the .300wby is for big rabbits and coyotes etc, and the.375h&h only just makes it for the smaller deer? :p:whistling:
 
now from what i have read on here the .300wby is for big rabbits and coyotes etc, and the.375h&h only just makes it for the smaller deer? :p:whistling:

;) Yea, I tend to go light ;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,259
Members
169,989
Latest member
ShirleenMi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top