CZ550 300H&H

Bonk

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member NRA
I commissioned AHR to build this rifle for me. I ordered it back in December and I picked it up from my FFL today. It's a 300H&H built on a CZ550 magnum receiver. It has a 25" Lilja medium/heavy contour barrel (1/10" twist). The stock is dark walnut. The sights are NECG and AHR custom with a white bead front sight. They are adjustable for windage and elevation. All metal has been GunCote finished. I chose not to get a barrel band because it's not a hard kicking heavy caliber gun. Inletted sling swivels will work just fine. Black Decelerator recoil pad. I wanted a working rifle and Wayne nailed it. It's overbuilt for the caliber and weight weanies will not approve but it's perfect for me. Heavy receiver, sturdy barrel and a robust stock. AHR gunsmithing and an inherently accurate caliber should make it a shooter. I'll update as soon as I get some range time. It's subtle but this is a phenomenally well built rifle. I could not be more pleased and it was worth every penny.

IMG_0864.jpeg
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0862.jpeg
IMG_0865.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one good looking rifle!! Wayne does some outstanding work.

Looks great, congrats on the new addition!

That is a great looking rifle.

Wow, beautiful rifle! Congrats!!!!

Fantastic build!

That's one superb rifle you've got. The rest of us can only drool.

Just before they stopped production of the 550, CZUB had a few factory produced 550s in 300 H&H featured on their website. I had never seen them listed in my country and the local CZ agent had no interest in bringing them in. I would have loved to have even had a factory 300 H&H barrel to fit to a 602 but again no deal.

Beauty!

Unfortunately, Wayne is no longer working on CZ-550s. Yes, that is a beautiful rifle!

I have been watching that one for months and its a bit rich for my blood right now. It was at $4500 or something like that when I first started watching it. Such a shame CZ does not make rifles like that anymore. I missed the boat.

Gorgeous, the world needs more rifles like this one!

I commissioned AHR to build this rifle for me. I ordered it back in December and I picked it up from my FFL today. It's a 300H&H built on a CZ550 magnum receiver. It has a 25" Lilja medium/heavy contour barrel (1/10" twist). The stock is dark walnut. The sights are NECG and AHR custom with a white bead front sight. They are adjustable for windage and elevation. All metal has been GunCote finished. I chose not to get a barrel band because it's not a hard kicking heavy caliber gun. Inletted sling swivels will work just fine. Black Decelerator recoil pad. I wanted a working rifle and Wayne nailed it. It's overbuilt for the caliber and weight weanies will not approve but it's perfect for me. Heavy receiver, sturdy barrel and a robust stock. AHR gunsmithing and an inherently accurate caliber should make it a shooter. I'll update as soon as I get some range time. It's subtle but this is a phenomenally well built rifle. I could not be more pleased and it was worth every penny.

View attachment 360226View attachment 360227View attachment 360228View attachment 360229

Beautiful rifle and excellent caliber.

That's one superb rifle you've got. The rest of us can only drool.

Just before they stopped production of the 550, CZUB had a few factory produced 550s in 300 H&H featured on their website. I had never seen them listed in my country and the local CZ agent had no interest in bringing them in. I would have loved to have even had a factory 300 H&H barrel to fit to a 602 but again no deal.
There is one currently on GunBroker, priced around $3500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg