CZ550 300H&H

Bonk

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member NRA
I commissioned AHR to build this rifle for me. I ordered it back in December and I picked it up from my FFL today. It's a 300H&H built on a CZ550 magnum receiver. It has a 25" Lilja medium/heavy contour barrel (1/10" twist). The stock is dark walnut. The sights are NECG and AHR custom with a white bead front sight. They are adjustable for windage and elevation. All metal has been GunCote finished. I chose not to get a barrel band because it's not a hard kicking heavy caliber gun. Inletted sling swivels will work just fine. Black Decelerator recoil pad. I wanted a working rifle and Wayne nailed it. It's overbuilt for the caliber and weight weanies will not approve but it's perfect for me. Heavy receiver, sturdy barrel and a robust stock. AHR gunsmithing and an inherently accurate caliber should make it a shooter. I'll update as soon as I get some range time. It's subtle but this is a phenomenally well built rifle. I could not be more pleased and it was worth every penny.

IMG_0864.jpeg
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0862.jpeg
IMG_0865.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one good looking rifle!! Wayne does some outstanding work.

Looks great, congrats on the new addition!

That is a great looking rifle.

Wow, beautiful rifle! Congrats!!!!

Fantastic build!

That's one superb rifle you've got. The rest of us can only drool.

Just before they stopped production of the 550, CZUB had a few factory produced 550s in 300 H&H featured on their website. I had never seen them listed in my country and the local CZ agent had no interest in bringing them in. I would have loved to have even had a factory 300 H&H barrel to fit to a 602 but again no deal.

Beauty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ara6336349

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you