CZ 550 upgrades are back

wayne406

Reaction score
I'm pleased to announce that upgrades for the CZ 550's are available again through Matrix Gunsmithing in Colorado. They will be using the same AHR parts and I will be giving them guidance as they take over the work. They are a professional shop and crew, and I have full confidence in them. Contact Jerry at bearcad66@gmail.com

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Good luck to all involved! This is good news.

John J

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Great, I'll be looking into them for my son's 458. Hope to speak to you soon on the two I have with you currently. John

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Wayne, I'm glad you are passing on the tricks you've learned over the years with regards to making CZ(s) a viable hunting rifle. This "community" more than others needs that kind / type of gunsmithing service. No doubt you will be doing some coaching along the way. Thanks for looking out for us. Please talk Jerry and his crew into joining AH. That way he will get to be a known commodity. Have him post some before and after videos so we can see his work.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Great! They’re in Lake George, Colorado. About an hour and a half from where I live. Boy, there’s not much there and I had no idea there was a gunsmith shop in that town.

Al Burke

Bronze supporter
Reaction score
Member of
WSF, GSCO
Hunted
US, Canada, Tajikistan
Thanks for the information Wayne. As many of the members on AH know, the CZ 550 is an excellent platform but often times requires a little tweaking to be a great hunting rifle. As @One Day has detailed a lot of the work can be done DIY however, some of the upgrades require tools, equipment and knowledge better suited to the professionals. Having an option like Matrix Gunsmithing is great. Looking forward to hearing some reports on the quality of their work and service. They have big shoes to fill.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
What do you mean? The South Fork of the Platte and Elevenmile Canyon are there!
Yes they are! I’ve only fished Elevenmile Canyon a couple of times, but have done a lot of trail riding around Tarryall and points north/west of there. But, there’s only an antique shop and a convenience store in the “town” that I’ve seen, so this guy’s shop must be hidden somewhere? Doesn’t matter, but I’ll need to pay him a visit when he gets up and running.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
I'm pleased to announce that upgrades for the CZ 550's are available again through Matrix Gunsmithing in Colorado. They will be using the same AHR parts and I will be giving them guidance as they take over the work. They are a professional shop and crew, and I have full confidence in them. Contact Jerry at bearcad66@gmail.com

Good to hear Wayne...am enjoying my 404 here that I got from you ....lovely rifle :D Beers:

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Welcome aboard, do you by any chance have a website and or a pricelist for the CZ-550s work you guys do?

Randy F

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
Hi all. I am the manager at Matrix, if there is anything I can answer for you,
just ask!
We are very appreciative of Wayne trusting us with this process. We
strive to do these CZ's justice!
Thank you all in advance.
Welcome Aboard!

matrixman

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, Teller County Shooters Society, RMEF,
Hunted
USA
Yes they are! I’ve only fished Elevenmile Canyon a couple of times, but have done a lot of trail riding around Tarryall and points north/west of there. But, there’s only an antique shop and a convenience store in the “town” that I’ve seen, so this guy’s shop must be hidden somewhere? Doesn’t matter, but I’ll need to pay him a visit when he gets up and running.
I live on the road to Eleven Mile! But I don't fish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredaB1288

Latest profile posts

RicardoT wrote on Jan007's profile.
Hallo , ek stel belang as die 375 steeds beskikbaar is 083 511 9921
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.