CZ 550 scope rings?

Thank you, @One Day... , that is valuable information.

The rifle in question is a 375H&H. I have a set of Recknagel rings on a K98 in 404J and it seems to work well and hold zero without issues after it has been setup properly.

I prefer the look of the Recknagel, however I do take your point on the practicality of the Talley rings.

Well, there are no built-in bases on a K98, so screwed-on bases are the only option. I used to have them silver-soldered in addition to the screws. Worked very well indeed. Different action, different solution :)

The ring set that came with my CZ were beasts! Swing those in a sock and you could really hurt someone :)
Instead I went with the usual suspect - Talley.

As Boris the Blade said in the movie "Snatch" with Jason Stratham and Brad Pitt when selling a defective revolver to Tommy " Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it.

Hi One day,

Excelent information, pictures and measurements! Thank you!
By the way, here are the Alaska Arms rings in a BRNO ZKK 600.
As it can be seen, the ring spacing is just enough for this S&Bender scope! This scope would not fit in a ZKK 602/CZ 550 magnum!
Now this rifle has a Zeiss Victory 1,5-6x42 and/or a similar Kahles Helia C. This two scopes fit without any issue in that magnum actions because the tube length between the objective and ocular bells are long enough!

Best!

CF

P6231956.jpg
P6231957.jpg
P6231958.jpg
P6231959.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross