Curious to see what action people are taking for the Coronavirus

Seems it was something descriptive such as Goop, except when I google it, it shows a much more civilized product. Maybe they decided there was more money is selling small packages to suburban women than gallon cans to mechanics.

For some reason Washington State has suspended recreational fishing. This is surprising because I was unaware that fishing involved close personal contact except with the fish.

For some reason Washington State has suspended recreational fishing. This is surprising because I was unaware that fishing involved close personal contact except with the fish.

That is on the horizon in Alaska as well. I believe it's about people traveling between communities and sport fishing not being designated as "essential" ,rather than giving a fish a virus.

That is on the horizon in Alaska as well. I believe it's about people traveling between communities and sport fishing not being designated as "essential" ,rather than giving a fish a virus.
If this is still going strong in the summer I can see fishing effected in Alaska. Lets not forget you're in pretty close quarters on a charter boat of 6+ people for halibut or salmon on the salt. Then of course the road system fishing for salmon can be shoulder to shoulder in the popular spots like the Kenai and Russian river, along with dipnetting.

If this is still going strong in the summer I can see fishing effected in Alaska. Lets not forget you're in pretty close quarters on a charter boat of 6+ people for halibut or salmon on the salt. Then of course the road system fishing for salmon can be shoulder to shoulder in the popular spots like the Kenai and Russian river, along with dipnetting.

Yes for sure, as well as the folks traveling between communities, using the public facilities, gas stations, grocery stores ect... will likely be a concern.

A facebook post that I came across this morning said that New Zealand has banned all activities that might require Search and Resque. Hunting, boating, etc. Maybe fishing too.

A facebook post that I came across this morning said that New Zealand has banned all activities that might require Search and Resque. Hunting, boating, etc. Maybe fishing too.
Yes. All hunting, fishing, tramping, swimming, boating or any activity that could require search and rescue is banned until 22 April at the earliest. Will mean there will not be any hunting in the roar this year for deer. Duck shooting also starts in May so hopefully it is over by then.

I decided it was time to prepare for a Bear hunting expedition.

Took some online tests to make sure I can still identify bear species properly.
Apparently I can.

Wyoming Bear Exam 7042020.png

Bear cert.jpg

Now on to the bait placement and spotting exercises. Starting Friday.
Time for some fresh air with natural spruce and pine scent.

I decided it was time to prepare for a Bear hunting expedition.

Took some online tests to make sure I can still identify bear species properly.
Apparently I can.

View attachment 340986

View attachment 340987

Now on to the bait placement and spotting exercises. Starting Friday.
Time for some fresh air with natural spruce and pine scent.
Way easier test Dead Bear- Live Bear. Just for your info. The last 2 yrs have been bad for baiting due to the overabundance of the highly endangered, rarely seen and soon to be extinct Grizzly Bear! Last year was almost impossible to bait as we had Grizzlies everywhere. From Caroline to Rocky Mtn. House to Drayton. We even had 5 Grizzlies on one bait Sow with 2 cubs, young boar and old boar. My friend who now hunt my old area told F&W they had lost there minds. They said he had lost his till he showed them pics of 7 different baits with Grizzlies. They came to talk to him and he showed them several locations and they were surprised. I hunted the same area for 35 yrs and only saw 2 Grizzly tracks and only 1 Grizz. Last year there were spotting and confirmed of Grizzly west of Rimbey, just North of Eckville and off Hwy 22, 10 miles North of Rocky. Just for your info.

I expect those buggers. We will see what we get. Thanks for the info

I will ponder doing some work on the garden now if I could only grow some lemons
IMG_20200408_174927.jpeg

I'm staying home here on the farm with my wife. We got enough to do around here. Could stay here indefinitely if we had to.

My mother finally is taking it seriously. She is hunkered down at the family farm. She told all the hands that if they leave the property then they can't come back (we have about 10 full time staff and their families that live there) as there is enough food and goods to last a very long time, and of course plenty of work.

She had a company come in and disinfect outside of the house as well.

Fumigation for Covid-19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot_20200409-000942_01_01.png

The tea gardens where @Kawshik Rahman lives are right next to the Maulvibazaar forests .The perfect place for a little casual hunting every evening until all of this COVID 19 corona virus tragedies come to an end .
Let us see if we can bring back a kakar deer tonight .
During the day time , I mostly clean my older ammunition ( some of which has been collecting dust for more than 2 decades ) or read novels or watch cinemas or play piano or paint .
IMG_20200408_234036.jpg

But the 1 thing which I am doing MOST is dreaming about killing all the Chinese people in the entire world . Those communist swines are responsible for the deaths of thousands all across the entire world .

An update to my situation here in Texas. The shop I work for decided last Friday April 3rd to close for the remainder of April. Although we can be open as a gunshop the owners decided the health of themselves and employees is more important than being open to the public. I am still here 40 hrs a week with pay working in the shop mostly alone. We are here tho if any of our local farmers, ranchers and law enforcement need something.

Here in Arizona I am going into the office as I cannot work from home and I work in a industry considered critical. Everyone at the office is using lots of soap/water and hand sanitizer. Some people are wearing masks some not. So the biggest thing that has changed at the office is a lot of hand cleaning, I mean a lot. At home my daughter and son-in-law have had all their work and activities canceled so they are staying home and working out every day. My wife is working from home so she's safe from any wide exposure. We minimize going to to the grocery or the pharmacy. I have been prepping a bunch of hand loads for my 6.5 PRC, 5.56, and 375 Ruger to do some accuracy tests. I'll be headed out into the lonely national forest to do the shooting. Hopefully things will begin to loosen in May as virus numbers slow and more people can get back to work.

The Gun shop down the street from me, which I have done business with since the early 1970's, is still open. Business is booming for them. They only allow 10 people in at a time. Some days, there is a group of people outside waiting to get in.

I mostly make certain the granddaughter is doing her Internet school work.
With the 60-70 degree days I have been doing yard work, planting the garden, just mess around outside with my old dog, and play frisbee, volley ball or catch with the granddaughter.
Three days a week I work out.
Bad weather days I’m in the reloading room. Not sure how much more reloading I can do before I need to start pulling the trigger?
Once a week either the wife or I go to the grocery.
TV, Netflix are both getting really boring! TV seems like it is getting even more advertisements! I hate paying to watch advertisements!

But so far we are healthy, fat and happy. Everyone does seem to be getting on edge a bit everywhere with me included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg