Crayfish and red emperor fish

Dr Ray

AH legend
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6,534
Location
Cairns, Australia
Media
53
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
7
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
Normal size
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG

I was extremely ill on this fishing trip - just released from hospital
After catching this 13 kgs (28.6 lbs) reef fish off Cairns, I was vomiting like never before. I should not have gone.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Doc

I'm glad you pulled through..... you're a great guy.
 
Vomiting like never before. A prescription tablet - reaction and nearly died
That was august 4 years ago
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was extremely ill on this fishing trip - just released from hospital
After catching this 13 kgs (28.6 lbs) reef fish off Cairns, I was cognitions g like never before. I should not have gone.


Dr Ray
Glad to hear of your recovery, by the way, that's an absolutely nice sized red emperor, I have only caught smaller one, I envy you. :)(y)

Painted Cray, yum...

Regards

Rob
 
So glad you survived! Did you get well enough soon to eat that tasty looking fish?
 
I love to fish, but it isn't much fun when sick. Beautiful fish. Hope you feel lots better.
Bruce
 
Both catches look tasty...yum !

Hope you´re feeling better .
 
This crayfish was caught by a Torres Strait Islander (Aborigine from TI) working as a cray diver.
There’s no way I would be going diving.
 
Ridge walker asked if the Red Emperor reef fish was nice to eat.
Let’s say you’d kill for it![emoji15]
Reef fish cone in two tastes - delicious and more delicious.
You should all plan a Great Barrier Reef fishing trip at least once in your life,
 
Dr Ray
Glad to hear of your recovery, by the way, that's an absolutely nice sized red emperor, I have only caught smaller one, I envy you. :)(y)

Painted Cray, yum...

Regards

Rob

Yes a painted cray.
One thing about living in the far north east of Australia is the quality of the fish.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,879
Members
170,431
Latest member
TangelaMcC
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top