COVID vaccination required by Safari Company or not, your suggestion

My vaccination card should be a free pass to anywhere like the Covid EXPERTS initially said it would be.

The vacinne was created to target the original strain. While still effective against delta, delta changed everything in regards to the free pass.

Just when I'm ready to book my second trip to Africa, along comes yet another variant (Mu). I realy hate this wu flu shit.

That's my fear. Being stuck in a different country. I was fully vaccinated tested positive after a trip to Alaska. I had some symptoms and was given the regeneron infusion. It got rid of it fast but could you get that treatment overseas?
Yes, but it’s not if your sick or not or if your treated fast or not. Once you test positive, your subject to the duration of the quarantine?

Just when I'm ready to book my second trip to Africa, along comes yet another variant (Mu). I realy hate this wu flu shit.
+1! But again, if you or anyone else can afford the time off from work and the quarantine expense, IF (and that’s a BIG IF?) you tested positive before a return flight, I would still go. Many here on AH are self employed, retired and/or independently wealthy and can afford the time/expense hit, but I along with many others are not. If those issues aren’t an obstacle, go for it!

The vacinne was created to target the original strain. While still effective against delta, delta changed everything in regards to the free pass.
And, the next up and coming variants?

May not be effective at all - which is why we all need to get the vacinne, social distance, and wear masks. Doing the opposite exponencouisly increases the chance of that variant being created.
“exponencoulsly”? Is that a word? Where’s Stoppelman, he’ll know! He’s the AH spelling/grammar watchdog! Ha! Ha! Ha! No, I know what your saying, but nevertheless, when will those fully vaccinated and /or who have had Covid get a free pass for international travel? I’ll email Fauci tomorrow, he’ll know? Until he changes his mind next week! Ha! Ha! Ha!

May not be effective at all - which is why we all need to get the vacinne, social distance, and wear masks. Doing the opposite exponencouisly increases the chance of that variant being created.

The fact that there is ZERO evidence for the efficacy of wearing your cloth and paper masks aside, I'm curios to know how long you are willing to wear your mask, social distance, or keep getting vaccinated? For ever? What's the end game for you? Do you think that the eradication of Covid altogether is necessary to return to normal? What if Covid never completely disappears? Are you willing to continue these useless exercises in false security indefinitely?

And what about folks who caught Covid and recovered with natural immunity? Do they still need to get the vaccinated in your opinion?

I am just curious, does anybody here know anyone who has never had the flu? I don’t, I’m afraid that COVID will be the same way.
Common Colds are often caused by a Coronavirus

The fact that there is ZERO evidence for the efficacy of wearing your cloth and paper masks aside, I'm curios to know how long you are willing to wear your mask, social distance, or keep getting vaccinated? For ever? What's the end game for you? Do you think that the eradication of Covid altogether is necessary to return to normal? What if Covid never completely disappears? Are you willing to continue these useless exercises in false security indefinitely?

And what about folks who caught Covid and recovered with natural immunity? Do they still need to get the vaccinated in your opinion?
Much of the country is already starting to move on. Virtually every football stadium in the South was full this past weekend, Best I could tell no one was wearing a mask. I am sure Fauci and the Democrat governors had vapors. We'll be going to our favorite restaurant tonight. Neither we or the staff will be masked. I am really looking forward to Biden's attempt to hector the nation (or at least this part of it) this evening.

And interesting statistic, which is seeming to be of no interest to the national media is the extremely rare reinfection rate of anyone who has actually had the virus - regardless of strain or severity.

As others have suggested, this will eventually work its way through the population. Those vaccinated with breakthrough cases will likely be less ill, but we are all going to be exposed in some way to one of these variants.

As soon as it is deemed to be of limited political value (perhaps after the mid-terms?) we will quit tallying every case and death.

Last edited:
I am just curious, does anybody here know anyone who has never had the flu? I don’t, I’m afraid that COVID will be the same way.
The difference is that for flu we never had a vaccine with such high efficacy, could only vaccinate for specific strains that changed more readily, and had a historically low uptake percentage.

I don't think it's a very good comparison with COVID where the mRNA vaccines have extraordinarily high efficacy against multiple strains (including Delta), and a majority of Americans are getting them. I think a better comparison is measles. It's a much more contagious airborne virus than SARS-CoV2, but has a high efficacy vaccine that most people have been inoculated with. So, how many people do you know that haven't caught the measles? That's the majority of people I know. Catching COVID is by no means a foregone conclusion for people that have escaped it thus far.

This won't last forever. Once a high percentage of people (90%+ don't know the exact figure) have either been recently infected or vaccinated, the pandemic ends. Infections will plummet, hospitals/ICUs will empty out. With animal reservoirs and the rapid replication of the virus, it's never going to be eradicated though.

Flare-ups and outbreaks will occur when a large enough percentage of people have their antibody levels drop low enough that they can be re-infected. This seems to be around the 5 month mark for Pfizer vaccine recipients, and a little longer for Moderna, but it's also a function of age and immune health. Antibody levels also drop off in the same manner for people that were previously infected. Multiple companies are already working on a nasal spray that would boost antibodies where they count most (in the mucus membranes), so there are about to be several ways to keep a high antibody level whenever an outbreak begins in the future. Even without antibodies, having the memory B/T cells from your adaptive immune system should make the infection less severe.

Just because we're ready for the pandemic to be over, doesn't make it so. I plan to wear a N95 in high density indoor settings and keep my antibody levels high with vaccination until the uncontrolled spread of the virus becomes just another disease in the background. Even a 'mild' case of COVID is something I'd rather do without, and I'm willing to make small adjustments to my life for the present moment to that end.

The Spanish Flu never ended. I think it just mutated type-a influenza.

He'll no. I would not go to a place like this and i would question their moral compass of being in a hunting industry. Snake in the grass.

I can provide only one data point in favor of wearing masks. My son is a paramedic who has hauled many COVID patients since the beginning of the pandemic. Most trips resulted with him in the back of an ambulance with the patient for approximately three hours (the time required to travel to University of Kentucky Hospital). I find it amazing that he never contracted COVID during this time frame. Approximately two weeks ago his girlfriend went to lunch with a coworker who was exhibiting no symptoms but tested positive for COVID the following day. Two days later my son’s girlfriend tests positive and then, one day later, my son tests positive.
I realize this is only one case but, to me, a very compelling one.

Last edited:
I can provide only one data point in favor of wearing masks. My son is a paramedic who has hauled many COVID patients since the beginning of the pandemic. Most trips resulted with him in the back of an ambulance with the patient for approximately three hours (the time required to travel to University of Kentucky Hospital). I find it amazing that he never contracted COVID during this time frame. Approximately two weeks ago his girlfriend went to lunch with a coworker who was exhibiting no symptoms but tested positive for COVID the following day. Two days later my son’s girlfriend tests positive and then, one day later, my son tests positive.
I realize this is only case but, to me, a very compelling one.
Masks save lives (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saleh Al Nahdi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.