COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. The state of the Americas coronavirus outbreak and spread, is all Trumps fault. So is the extinction of the Dinosaurs.

I think some people should stay away from the CNN channel.

I personally think you guys may be looking at this wrong, how many deaths in China after 81000 cases and how many in the US after 82000 cases? Just wondering?

Everybody can point fingers put as Harry Truman said: The buck stops here.

Alaska Congressman Don Young today. Respect

The United States now has more Covid-19 cases than any other country with over 82,400, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Congratulations America!
President Trump has made America First.

It's because USA is actually testing. Every other country is testing only serious cases. probably 10x are walking around never tested. Stop reading headlines and actually do some research on a topic.

And every single clip - some of which are problematic - taken completely out of context.

Some of the things he has said cannot be put into a context that is sane. “Problematic” is not the word I would use. A cabinet member or an administration spin doctor would want to use that word because it minimizes the seriousness of the leader being so far out of his depth.

upload_2020-3-26_23-52-42.jpeg

But of course they can. And fortunately his administration is dealing with it and not ....... ?

Do you really believe and think the reporting from China , the epicenter of the virus is being reported accurately?
China only reported 85,000 cases. Really??
I believe China’s number is probably 10 times the number of cases they reported.
I also believe over 100,000 deaths in China.
Pretty hard believing anything the CCP tells the world.

South Africa just reported first deaths both in Western Cape.

Mozambique until we have around 10 cases with corona vírus. Where only 1 is local contamination. But no one in serious (bad) condition.
Many people are following the rules told by the president.

March 26 news

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...edia_predictions_or_analysis.html?jwsource=cl

DR. DEBORAH BRIX: I'm sure you have seen the recent report out of the U.K. about them adjusting completely their needs. This is really quite important. If you remember, that was the report that says there would be 500,000 deaths in the U.K. and 2.2 million deaths in the United States. They've adjusted that number in the U.K. to 20,000. Half a million to 20,000. We are looking at that in great detail to understand that adjustment.

I'm going to say something that is a little bit complicated but do it in a way we can understand it together. In the model, either you have to have a large group of people who a-asymptomatic, who never presented for any test to have the kind of numbers predicted. To get to 60 million people infected, you have to have a large group of a-symptomatics. We have not seen an attack rate over 1 in 1,000. So either we are measuring the iceberg and underneath it, are a large group of people. So we are working hard to get the antibody test and figure out who these people are and do they exist. Or we have the transmission completely wrong.

So these are the things we are looking at, because the predictions of the model don't match the reality on the ground in China, South Korea or Italy. We are five times the size of Italy. If we were Italy and did all those divisions, Italy should have close to 400,000 deaths. They are not close to achieving that.

Models are models. We are -- there is enough data of the real experience with the coronavirus on the ground to really make these predictions much more sound. So when people start talking about 20% of a population getting infected, it's very scary, but we don't have data that matches that based on our experience.

And the situation about ventilators. We are reassured in meeting with our colleagues in New York that there are still I.C.U. Beds remaining and still significant -- over 1,000 or 2,000 ventilators that have not been utilized.

Please for the reassurance of people around the world, to wake up this morning and look at people talking about creating DNR situations, Do Not Resuscitate situations for patients, there is no situation in the United States right now that warrants that kind of discussion. You can be thinking about it in the hospital. Certainly, hospitals talk about this on a daily basis, but to say that to the American people and make the implication that when they need a hospital bed it's not going to be there or a ventilator, it's not going to be there, we don't have evidence of that.

It's our job collectively to assure the American people, it's our job to make sure that doesn't happen. You can see the cases are concentrated in highly urban areas and there are other parts of the states that have lots of ventilators and other parts of New York state that don't have any infected. We can meet the needs by being responsive.

There is no model right now -- no reality on the ground where we can see that 60% to 70% of Americans are going to get infected in the next eight to 12 weeks. I want to be clear about that. We are adapting to the reality on the ground and looking at the models of how they can inform but learning from South Korea and Italy and from Spain and I know you will look up my numbers.

Mozambique until we have around 10 cases with corona vírus. Where only 1 is local contamination. But no one in serious (bad) condition.
Many people are following the rules told by the president.

Expect this to shoot up massively with proper testing and the hundreds of people streaming over the SA border back into Moz.
Boris Johnson the UK PM has it too.

s a problem for Trump

Not a problem at all really... For every one of Trump's soundbites that turned out to be inaccurate or incorrect as this UNPRECEDENTED situation has evolved by the day and often by the hour, I can show you 10 more soundbites from his critics citing the similar inaccuracies or misinformation. Every politician and so-called expert in the world is guilty of this to some degree. Some spread the misinformation for a political or personal agenda, while others were making the the best decisions possible with the information that they had at the time... Nobody was prepared for this, and nobody has gotten it 100% right to this point. Even Dr. Fauci who is considered by all sides to be the foremost authority on this was quoted back in early January that it would be highly unlikely that the US would never see the same infection rates as China.... So, does the current situation we are dealing with qualify Fauci as a liar or a quack? Of course not. These double standards and hypocrisies only apply to this POTUS.

What Trump did or didn't say about the virus back at the end of last year won't matter one bit. Nor will what his critics are saying now. Trumps' legacy will be made or broken by where we are as a country come November. For what limited value polls are worth, his overall approval numbers are at an all-time high 47% with a whopping 60% approval of his handling of the virus. To Trump's benefit, his critics' main problem is that they have no answers or alternative plan to offer the American people. Only petty armchair quarterbacking. If any of these experimental drug therapies he has been crucified for placing faith in bare fruit, and the relief checks start showing up in mailboxes it will be pretty much game over for the opposition.

Regardless, what is America's alternative anyway? Biden is a hot mess. I have never been a fan but I actually feel bad for the way he is being propped up by the dems as a serious candidate. Only the most die-hard anti-Trumpers could vote for Biden with a straight face, and I just don't think there is enough of those to make a difference especially if Trump pulls any semblance of victory from this God-awful mess by November.

Last edited:
Only petty armchair quarterbacking.

Now you are assaulting the national pastime in the USA. Just thing of all these poor people who have no basketball coaches, baseball coaches, and possibly football coaches to critique. This is a hidden strain in our culture that no one is talking about. They are going to have to release this stress in some manner. :whistle::sneaky:(y)

Hang in there Good Days will outnumber bad days.(y)(y)(y)

It's because USA is actually testing. Every other country is testing only serious cases. probably 10x are walking around never tested. Stop reading headlines and actually do some research on a topic.

Nope, many other countries test way more per million people. United Arab Emirates leads by a long stretch. Germany, South Korea, Australia and a host of others also test more than the US. The US is picking up the pace of testing though, but they were slow to start, and that will cost in the long run.

I wouldn't trust the accuracy of the data coming out of China. Just sayin....

I wouldn't either, but what becomes clear is that the data coming out of many countries is jumbled. Germany has a very low death rate, but don't test people who weren't tested for corona after they died. France is only reporting people who died of corona in hospitals, not in elderly homes or those at home.
Japan was reporting very low numbers, but that might have had to do with them hoping the Olympics would continue, now that's off the shelves the rates are expected to go up.
Russia...has anybody ever trusted Russia?

I wouldn't either, but what becomes clear is that the data coming out of many countries is jumbled.

This could be the understatement of the year on this topic.

One would have to be very naive to think that ANY government is being completely honest about their numbers in regard to the rate of infections, deaths, and tests given. Regardless, you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to figure out these numbers have a very limited relevance unless every single member of a given country is tested for the virus or the antibody. Without that being done, there is absolutely no way to know with any reasonable certainty how many people have contracted and recovered from the virus who had mild to no symptoms, never sought treatment, and therefore never tested. There is no telling how many folks, especially young folks, have contracted and recovered from the virus without ever knowing it. That factor alone will skew the numbers exponentially.

I have an elderly friend was super sick and got tested.
Turned out to be H1N1 Swine Flu....

Apparently, there are criminals in full operation sending out SCAM TEXTS and EMAILS trying to get peoples information.
It is focused on any government relief payments programs.
Businesses and personal.
Several programs going on in Canada and the Provinces.

I assume with the relief bill in the USA and elsewhere that they will be after people all over the world.

Please beware. Keep your information safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!