Cool old ammo box

Weatherbynation is the site. Message a guy that goes by "terminator". He should be able to help.

Unfortunately Terminator (Roger) passed away a couple of months ago. He was an asset to the Weatherby Nation Forum, and Terminator had a wealth of knowledge in regards to Weatherby rifles. I've been a member for quite some time, and spoke to Roger many times. Everyone loved Roger in the Nation. He loved his 257, and pushed it to it's limits. LOL. Sad he was taken too soon.

Your box is a beautiful box, and any Weatherby fan (like me) would be proud to have. I have several of them, and I try not to use them anymore. I do believe they are collectors item since they are no longer made, and I don't have a clue of how much they are worth.
 
The Vanguard rifles may not of been built to handle the higher pressures that the Mark V's may of been able to.

That would be a good question for the Weatherby forum
 
THE CARTRIDGE COLLECTOR'S EXCHANGE

".... In addition, the box above includes a warning to not use the ammunition in Weatherby Vanguard rifles. This was added at about the time Weatherby began production of the Vanguard action in 1970. This new action had only two locking lugs for the bolt, compared with the 9 lugs on the Mark V action. This reduced number of lugs resulted in a weaker action, and the need to warn against shooting ammunition intended for the Mark V rifle in the Vanguard. Later style boxes do not mention the Vanguard, so either they strengthened the action or made a change in the ammunition...."


​
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately Terminator (Roger) passed away a couple of months ago. He was an asset to the Weatherby Nation Forum, and Terminator had a wealth of knowledge in regards to Weatherby rifles. I've been a member for quite some time, and spoke to Roger many times. Everyone loved Roger in the Nation. He loved his 257, and pushed it to it's limits. LOL. Sad he was taken too soon.

Your box is a beautiful box, and any Weatherby fan (like me) would be proud to have. I have several of them, and I try not to use them anymore. I do believe they are collectors item since they are no longer made, and I don't have a clue of how much they are worth.
Now I'm wondering if I had him mixed up with another member there. I was on there back before Christmas. I had found a Mark V Ultralight I was going to get but it didnt work out.
 
He passed 21 Dec 2019. I’m sure it was Terminator, he was a very pleasant individual to deal with. We miss him dearly. Besides him, the other extremely knowledgeable individual is 224 King.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,112
Members
169,110
Latest member
terbiroucont1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top