Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
First, I would like to thank @Fastrig for letting me know about the Contessa mounting system.

I am wondering if anyone here is using the Contessa QR mount on a Blaser rifle? Or on any other type of rifle.

I've done a little research and the price of the Swaro rail mount QR from Contessa is $150 less expensive than the Blaser version.
It's also just as secure, repeatable and even quicker to operate.
Bad news is that the rail mount version my prove a little hard to get, but I have emailed the company about that.

My real question is does the Contessa system significantly raise the rifle scope higher than the Blaser?
Anyone out there happen to have both to do a side by side?
Would the difference be enough to change your mind on saving $150 per scope base?
What about durability vs the Blaser?
Any drawbacks I'm not seeing?

Fastrig

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
CA, TX, MT, CO, NV, AK, NE, SD, FL
First, I would like to thank @Fastrig for letting me know about the Contessa mounting system.

I am wondering if anyone here is using the Contessa QR mount on a Blaser rifle? Or on any other type of rifle.

I've done a little research and the price of the Swaro rail mount QR from Contessa is $150 less expensive than the Blaser version.
It's also just as secure, repeatable and even quicker to operate.
Bad news is that the rail mount version my prove a little hard to get, but I have emailed the company about that.

My real question is does the Contessa system significantly raise the rifle scope higher than the Blaser?
Anyone out there happen to have both to do a side by side?
Would the difference be enough to change your mind on saving $150 per scope base?
What about durability vs the Blaser?
Any drawbacks I'm not seeing?

I don't know the answer to your questions, but my sales guy at Europtics speaks very highly of the Contessa mounts and says they sell/use them quite often...I'd give them a call and see what they recommend as they will have both mounts available to sit side by side for you....Tyler is who I deal with and he's been great about answering all my questions.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
At last count I now own five Blaser barrels. The .375 is equipped with the Contessa mount and I have used it extensively on two African hunts. It is a better mouse trap. I am not sure if it is a much better mouse trap. The other four barrels have the standard Blaser saddle mount. Both operate as advertised.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I don't know the answer to your questions, but my sales guy at Europtics speaks very highly of the Contessa mounts and says they sell/use them quite often...I'd give them a call and see what they recommend as they will have both mounts available to sit side by side for you....Tyler is who I deal with and he's been great about answering all my questions.
I have spoken with Tyler a few times, along with Stuart and Mike.
Will get in touch with them about this.
Appreciate it.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
At last count I now own five Blaser barrels. The .375 is equipped with the Contessa mount and I have used it extensively on two African hunts. It is a better mouse trap. I am not sure if it is a much better mouse trap. The other four barrels have the standard Blaser saddle mount. Both operate as advertised.
The fact that YOU said it was a better mousetrap is saying something.
So in your opinion, if you were to do it over again...you would go with the Contessa?

Novice Huntress

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hi BeeMaa,

I have a R8 in 308w and 375H, I use a Contessa for a 3-12x56 30mm tube scope and a Contessa picatinny rail for another scope. They are both a fine product more importantly they are reliable and return to zero. They have been backwards and forwards to Africa a few times now and have been fault free. The R8 I use does have a check peace, one of the Velcro ones , the scope object lens does not sit excessively high.

I would recommend.

Best Regards

Tucketed

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Though I don’t have a Blaser I do use a Contessa QD Mount on my Model 70. It’s a 270WSM and it has worked flawlessly staying zeroed for 4 years. Off and remounted likely 10 times.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.