Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI Member
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
First, I would like to thank @Fastrig for letting me know about the Contessa mounting system.

I am wondering if anyone here is using the Contessa QR mount on a Blaser rifle? Or on any other type of rifle.

I've done a little research and the price of the Swaro rail mount QR from Contessa is $150 less expensive than the Blaser version.
It's also just as secure, repeatable and even quicker to operate.
Bad news is that the rail mount version my prove a little hard to get, but I have emailed the company about that.

My real question is does the Contessa system significantly raise the rifle scope higher than the Blaser?
Anyone out there happen to have both to do a side by side?
Would the difference be enough to change your mind on saving $150 per scope base?
What about durability vs the Blaser?
Any drawbacks I'm not seeing?

First, I would like to thank @Fastrig for letting me know about the Contessa mounting system.

I am wondering if anyone here is using the Contessa QR mount on a Blaser rifle? Or on any other type of rifle.

I've done a little research and the price of the Swaro rail mount QR from Contessa is $150 less expensive than the Blaser version.
It's also just as secure, repeatable and even quicker to operate.
Bad news is that the rail mount version my prove a little hard to get, but I have emailed the company about that.

My real question is does the Contessa system significantly raise the rifle scope higher than the Blaser?
Anyone out there happen to have both to do a side by side?
Would the difference be enough to change your mind on saving $150 per scope base?
What about durability vs the Blaser?
Any drawbacks I'm not seeing?

I don't know the answer to your questions, but my sales guy at Europtics speaks very highly of the Contessa mounts and says they sell/use them quite often...I'd give them a call and see what they recommend as they will have both mounts available to sit side by side for you....Tyler is who I deal with and he's been great about answering all my questions.

At last count I now own five Blaser barrels. The .375 is equipped with the Contessa mount and I have used it extensively on two African hunts. It is a better mouse trap. I am not sure if it is a much better mouse trap. The other four barrels have the standard Blaser saddle mount. Both operate as advertised.

I don't know the answer to your questions, but my sales guy at Europtics speaks very highly of the Contessa mounts and says they sell/use them quite often...I'd give them a call and see what they recommend as they will have both mounts available to sit side by side for you....Tyler is who I deal with and he's been great about answering all my questions.
I have spoken with Tyler a few times, along with Stuart and Mike.
Will get in touch with them about this.
Appreciate it.

At last count I now own five Blaser barrels. The .375 is equipped with the Contessa mount and I have used it extensively on two African hunts. It is a better mouse trap. I am not sure if it is a much better mouse trap. The other four barrels have the standard Blaser saddle mount. Both operate as advertised.
The fact that YOU said it was a better mousetrap is saying something.
So in your opinion, if you were to do it over again...you would go with the Contessa?

Hi BeeMaa,

I have a R8 in 308w and 375H, I use a Contessa for a 3-12x56 30mm tube scope and a Contessa picatinny rail for another scope. They are both a fine product more importantly they are reliable and return to zero. They have been backwards and forwards to Africa a few times now and have been fault free. The R8 I use does have a check peace, one of the Velcro ones , the scope object lens does not sit excessively high.

I would recommend.

Best Regards

Though I don’t have a Blaser I do use a Contessa QD Mount on my Model 70. It’s a 270WSM and it has worked flawlessly staying zeroed for 4 years. Off and remounted likely 10 times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katlyn74D

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,