Conservation at work

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,020
Reaction score
15,648
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well folks it’s a very special time at the Rockin G. Our first bison calf has been born. This is the first Bison calf to have been born on this land in 130-140 years. This reintroduction project has been 100% funded by hunting. Further proof that hunting IS conservation.
This is why I am so passionate about what we do. We have multiple species in huntable populations on the ranch thriving that are either critically endangered or completely extinct in their home land yet they are given a second chance here.
Thank you to all who have helped make this possible.

8440B969-39B9-4F1C-ADEC-FA1DFE4BD565.jpeg
A500DC9B-71AD-4F23-B5B5-7411F0799B26.jpeg
BDEF978D-DA14-4F54-8366-D9FF2DDFD43A.jpeg
C3A2958B-66B0-4C69-86FE-AB463776A210.jpeg
B8E1C677-F35E-431A-9C9D-9C9F8A27B244.jpeg
0E7C1DDF-6B7E-442A-A796-E5B5A66B756D.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
THIS

IS

AWESOME!
 
Giz, I can not tell you enough how awesome this is!
Thank you I’m just blessed. We are actually really surprised as we didn’t think our girls would be able to calf for another year.
 
Awesome!!! Nicely done sir!
 
On another note along the same lines The Scimitar are doing the same and have been for several years now. Here is a few pics we were able to get when they started calving this season.
7F8902BB-BAD0-4907-BA4A-E9F282819B85.jpeg
9E422A78-1690-43F0-912D-C6BA5FC5AC0A.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks it’s a very special time at the Rockin G. Our first bison calf has been born. This is the first Bison calf to have been born on this land in 130-140 years. This reintroduction project has been 100% funded by hunting. Further proof that hunting IS conservation.
This is why I am so passionate about what we do. We have multiple species in huntable populations on the ranch thriving that are either critically endangered or completely extinct in their home land yet they are given a second chance here.
Thank you to all who have helped make this possible View attachment 294937View attachment 294938View attachment 294939View attachment 294940 View attachment 294941View attachment 294942

Simply great and congratulations
 
Gizmo, how do you keep things so green in Texas this time of year? I have friends that live in the panhandle and it seems to me that most of the time the ground cover is more brown than green. BTW congrats on the Bison calf.
 
Gizmo, how do you keep things so green in Texas this time of year? I have friends that live in the panhandle and it seems to me that most of the time the ground cover is more brown than green. BTW congrats on the Bison calf.
It all depends on where you are. Some areas get way more rain than others. We’ve dried out quite a bit now though.
 
Congrats! That is fantastic
 
Handsome animals, both bison and oryx!
 
Congrats on the calves! Calving season is always and exciting/ nerve wracking experience. A couple years ago I went duck hunting/fishing in Seadrift and saw Scimitar horned Oryx for the first time on a neighboring ranch, it was awesome to see. Maybe in my lifetime things will improve in their home ranges where they could be reintroduced, though currently things are quite bleak in the Shahel and Saharan regions. It’s great that there are ranchers like you that are helping to save and increase numbers of antelope like there oryx and addax as well as dama gazelle and the like. Another reason why Texas is awesome!
 
Congrats on the calves! Calving season is always and exciting/ nerve wracking experience. A couple years ago I went duck hunting/fishing in Seadrift and saw Scimitar horned Oryx for the first time on a neighboring ranch, it was awesome to see. Maybe in my lifetime things will improve in their home ranges where they could be reintroduced, though currently things are quite bleak in the Shahel and Saharan regions. It’s great that there are ranchers like you that are helping to save and increase numbers of antelope like there oryx and addax as well as dama gazelle and the like. Another reason why Texas is awesome!
Thank you, it becomes an obsession pretty quick and I find myself wanting to save everything.
 
Co grata on the new addition.
 
Just fabulous. Congrats Papa!
 
Thank you, it becomes an obsession pretty quick and I find myself wanting to save everything.
Nature is truly amazing and awe inspiring. I hope your bison thrive and soon becomes a herd.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,122
Members
169,705
Latest member
FeliciaBid
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top