Coming Soon... AfricaHunting.com App

I haven't seen a flip phone in over a year. I'm not joking
I walked into the AT&T store in 2010 and told the guy I wanted something tough and stupid. He sold me a Samsung Rugby, 6 years later it's still going strong. Don't ask me how many smart phones my wife and kids have gone through in that amount of time, probably enough to have one heck of a hunt with Spike. Glad the kids are grown and I'm not buying a new Apple upgrade every 16 months or so.
Glad to see Jerome is taking care of the tech savvy members.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for @spike.t with his dumb phone, I mean flip phone! :A Callme:

:E Head Scratch:.....flip phone......sounds a bit hi-tech to me........now this is what you lot need , got 2 one in each colour scheme :A Thumbs Up:....and they dont need charging 3 + times a day....:)

Original-font-b-Nokia-b-font-font-b-3720-b-font-Classic-2MP-Camrea-Unlocked-Mobile.jpg

Attachments

• Original-font-b-Nokia-b-font-font-b-3720-b-font-Classic-2MP-Camrea-Unlocked-Mobile.jpg
    Original-font-b-Nokia-b-font-font-b-3720-b-font-Classic-2MP-Camrea-Unlocked-Mobile.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Just another reason to hunt with @spike.t and Takeri. Not only good hunting but you get to see things that are extinct elsewhere in the world.

no cell coverage so no you wont see my phone unless you pay the viewing fee.....:E Greedy::E Greedy::E Celebrate:

:E Head Scratch:.....flip phone......sounds a bit hi-tech to me........now this is what you lot need , got 2 one in each colour scheme :A Thumbs Up:....and they dont need charging 3 + times a day....:)

Charge once per week normally!!!

Love the app idea!

Charge once per week normally!!!

never ceases to amaze me how often people with these new "smart" :E Lol:phones start asking if anyone has a charger for their super phone or you cant get hold of them because its run out of juice.......or they end up carrying a heavy back up battery.......:E Shake Head:

15.00,not bad.
No, not even that. They just blew the dust off it and gave it to me. probably just glad to have it out of the store.
Great idea for the app, keep up the good work

Excellent idea, Jerome. Maybe it will roust some of the old curmudgeons into the 21 century. I have a "smartphone" and it's a damn sight smarter than me. My kids talked me into it. Miss my old flipper, though. That one I could run. I have to admit the new ones do have some good features and maybe if I live long enough I can learn to navigate them.

My first one didn't have a cover. I carried it on my belt and kept getting all these strange numbers on my bill. Figured it out--my phone kept getting hit by stuff I was lugging and entering numbers. Had to trade it in on one with a cover (flipper). No more strange numbers, easy to run, nice and compact, held a charge for awhile. Oh, well. Such is progress.

Ok so educate me to the advantages of am app. The only access I have to this site has always been my smart phone. How does an app make it better than just hitting up the website from my phone?

It depends on the way the app is set up, but it apps usually provide a faster access with more tools geared toward phones in them. Also reduces the amount of typing.

Will it be available for this evil apple device I own?

Just make it available via Tapatalk - its simple and widely used by forums on mobile
@HendrikNZ yes via tapatalk.
Ok so educate me to the advantages of am app. The only access I have to this site has always been my smart phone. How does an app make it better than just hitting up the website from my phone?
@thriller explained it nicely, the app should provide a faster browsing experience, the big thing is mobile push notifications so you do not have to refresh the page to see new posts within a thread, also more tools geared toward being mobile friendly.
Will it be available for this evil apple device I own?
Yes, it should be available for iOS as long as Apple approves of the app which takes about three weeks or so once submitted. The process for Android is supposed to be faster.

My intention is to start the process this coming week. Thanks to all for your support as always! :P Cowboy:

Nice one Jerome now I can spend loads more time on AH and really piss off the wife!! Only kidding it will make it all a lot more convenient

yes via tapatalk.

Excellent news. Tapatalk is a pretty simple, user friendly app..

I'm only about 50 years of development ahead of Cro-Magnon man.. and even I was able to figure out tapatalk...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross