Brent in Az

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA - Az, NM, CO, MT, MN.
Politically, and otherwise.

Not really the city, but the small communities on the mountain are evacuating. Need some big rains.

Photo taken last night by someone. Catalina mountains on the north side of Tucson.

This fire started by lighting strike on Pusch Ridge, which is home to a desert Bighorn sheep herd. At least the ones that aren't getting eaten by the Mountain Lion's.
75233799_10157369510347849_2613528522694907014_n.jpeg

The town of Oracle, and community of Saddlebrooke, preparing for evacuations.
download.jpeg
download.jpeg

Years ago, I did the millwork for a contractor friend's cabin up there. It got burnt down in the last fire they had up there. Now they may go through it again.

With all the brush up on Mt Lemon it is going to be a tough one to put out.

I'll have to give some friends a call that live in Catalina and Oracle.

Looked like we were going to have an early monsoon season, definitely need it

A couple of big monsoon rains would definitely put the fire out. Local official's are concerned about flooding from the mountain drainages, because of the damage by the fire to the trees and vegetation.

Been in Tucson many times for business but never had the opportunity to get up into the mountains.

We've lost 10,000 acres already here in NV. Prediction is an early start and long fire season. I was out in the hills yesterday and the dirt is just dust, no moisture at all.

Really sorry to see this. I think we’ve been getting all the moisture here in Idaho. Probably going to be in the same boat in a couple months.

I grew up in Tucson, my brother and his family are in Marana so this is in their back yard. Too many years of fire suppression in that ponderosa pine forest up top and now bufflegrass taking over below have created this nightmare.

I feel for you. It’s been dry here this month. In 2012 we had the Waldo Canyon fire which took out 400 homes. In 2013 we had the Black Forest fire which took out 600+ homes. Gotta love living in the West!

If you ever get the chance while in Tucson, visit the SCI international wildlife museum.
Been in Tucson many times for business but never had the opportunity to get up into the mountains.

June is pretty tough for many states with it being so hot and dry. I feel bad for the fire crews having to try and work in this heat, and very steep and rugged terrain.

If you ever get the chance while in Tucson, visit the SCI international wildlife museum.

We were there with friends. Should have taken laser pointers to discuss shot placement.

Take care of your neighbors.

We lived in Tucson many years ago, my stepdad was stationed at Davis-Monthon Air Force Base, 1973(?)-1976.

I use to split my motorcycle rides and shooting time going to Mt Lemon and the gun club. I had some great times in Tucson. I remember how beautiful and cool the Catalina Mountains were versus the 100+° -120+° daytime temps in the shade on the desert.

Really hate to hear about the fires engulfing the area.

Last edited:
I used to enjoy going up to Mt. Lemmon, but these days it gets too crowded up there in the summer, especially on holiday weekends. The traffic on that long winding mountain road gets a little nuts at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg