Christmas in August....

Wow Nathan! I just got one big dose of the jealous kind! You done good. And to think she is not that far from me now. I can almost hear her calling me. Please let me know how she does in Africa.

Picked up a Trijicon RMR 1 MOA red dot sight but hunting down the Heym base that is needed is proving to be a Unicorn.
If anyone knows where one could be found, borrowed or other wise please let me know. Have already contacted Heym USA, JJ P. and NECG.
Give J.J. Perodeou a call. He can probably mount it for you without the Heym part. Super simple and nice mounting system that quickly can be removed with a cartridge rim, and put back on.
Bob

Made it out to do a bit of shooting this morning. Fired three sets at 30 yards off of sticks and every set grouped 1.5"-2". Couldn't be more pleased being the first time out. I fired 3 more sets into the life size Perfect Shot buffalo target. Low/middle heart impacts, so have to be conscious of not aiming any lower then what I was today.
Back at it next weekend...

Great looking two pipe!

That's a very nice looking gun. To my eyes the understated engraving is nicely offset by that lovely wood. I think you made some great decisions in putting that together. Like everyone else, we do need a report on how it shoots.

FN

Congratulations! Beautiful rifle, wood stock is exceptional.

Gorgeous double @BnC 04 ! Congratulations !

Give J.J. Perodeou a call. He can probably mount it for you without the Heym part. Super simple and nice mounting system that quickly can be removed with a cartridge rim, and put back on.
Bob
Thought for sure I wouldn't hear back from JJ as I tried calling him about a week ago but this afternoon he called and has exactly what I need. 3 day shipping and should be here just in time to head back out to the range this weekend. Hell of a guy to visit with and very helpful.

Managed to do some shooting in between down pours today. Was pleased with the outcome considering I forgot the shooting sticks and used a treelimb as a rest.
Both sets from 50 yards.

Screenshot_20210821-173809.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to do some shooting in between down pours today. Was pleased with the outcome considering I forgot the shooting sticks and used a treelimb as a rest.
Both sets from 50 yards.
Damn that thing makes some big killing holes! Congratulations on the new double. I know how important the figure of the timber is to you, and this one does not disappoint. Truly amazing.

Nothing wrong with those groups at all! That would take care of anything on the planet.

That beauty shoots as good as it looks!!

As many have already said, excellent, beautiful rife you got there! Can you post a photo or two with the RDR mount? Thanks.

As many have already said, excellent, beautiful rife you got there! Can you post a photo or two with the RDR mount? Thanks.
Went with the 1 MOA model and love it. The RMR that JJ modified for me works perfectly.

Screenshot_20210913-192721.png

That rifle has it all: great furniture, understated engraving and shoots great groups. Congratulations on your new baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross