Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Starting last year I begun getting serious about taking the plunge into double rifle ownership.

Spoke to several members of our great forum (thank you) on the who and where to begin.
First up was a roudtrip to Oklahoma to visit with George at Champlin firearms. Great guy and by the time I left my brain hurt from the knowledge upload. At that point i had the personal options down to Chapius, Krieghoff or Heym.

Next I was pointed towards Chris Sells of Heym USA located in Dallas. After speaking with Chris on a Tuesday, I was on a West bound flight out of Nashville that Friday.
Kid in a candy store is the best description with
options galore. I knew when I started looking that I was most interested in the 470 but the decision between the 88 or 89 was not as easy. After handling both models over and over, I decided I preferred the 88 and its Germanic lines. The more British styled 89 was equally beautiful but for me personally I preferred the 88.

After measurements I was a bit shocked when Chris said lets grab some ammo and head to his private range to do some test firing.
Well, being 6'3" I needed a 15.25 lop as shorter just didnt work out.
Needless to say the Chapius and Krieghoff options faded away and the Heym was now front and center.

Trip to Dallas was in Feb or March if I remember correctly. Fast forward to August and I'm a very happy Heym owner. Hats off to Chris for everything along the way.

Again big thanks to all the members that took time to give their opinion and thoughts!

Now on to updating the 4457's and living at the range on the weekends, waiting for September to roll around...

Nathan

0806211715.jpg
0806211715a.jpg
0806211716.jpg
0806211716a.jpg
0806211716a_HDR.jpg
0806211717_HDR.jpg
0806211717a_HDR.jpg
0806211719a_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saa ..weet piece. Please let us know how she shoots.

Starting last year I begun getting serious about taking the plung into double rifle ownership.

Spoke to several members of our great forum (thank you) on the who and where to begin.
First up was a roudtrip to Oklahoma to visit with George at Champlin firearms. Great guy and by the time I left my brain hurt from the knowledge upload. At that point i had the personal options down to Chapius, Krieghoff or Heym.

Next I was pointed towards Chris Sells of Heym USA located in Dallas. After speaking with Chris on a Tuesday, I was on a West bound flight out of Nashville that Friday.
Kid in a candy store is the best description with
options galore. I knew when I started looking that I was most interested in the 470 but the decision between the 88 or 89 was not as easy. After handling both models over and over, I decided I preferred the 88 and its Germanic lines. The more British styled 89 was equally beautiful but for me personally I preferred the 88.

After measurements I was a bit shocked when Chris said lets grab some ammo and head to his private range to do some test firing.
Well, being 6'3" I needed a 15.25 lop as shorter just didnt work out.
Needless to say the Chapius and Krieghoff options faded away and the Heym was now front and center.

Trip to Dallas was in Feb or March if I remember correctly. Fast forward to August and I'm a very happy Heym owner. Hats off to Chris for everything along the way.

Again big thanks to all the members that took time to give their opinion and thoughts!

Now on to updating the 4457's and living at the range on the weekends, waiting for September to roll around...

Nathan
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun!!

I do hope that you love it and that it serves you well.

That is a beautiful rifle!

That will get it done. Let us know how it shoots!!

Picked up a Trijicon RMR 1 MOA red dot sight but hunting down the Heym base that is needed is proving to be a Unicorn.
If anyone knows where one could be found, borrowed or other wise please let me know. Have already contacted Heym USA, JJ P. and NECG.

@BnC 04 that’s a nice looking double!! Congrats.

Regards,

Congratulations!! Get that thing to Africa as soon as possible!

Flat out sexy! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Beautiful rifle. You will love shooting it with the Trijicon RMR.

Very nice Nathan!

Very nice Nathan!
Appreciate it Phil. The Mrs is looking forward to meeting up at DSC. I may or may not have mentioned your name when she asked why i "needed" a double....

Appreciate it Phil. The Mrs is looking forward to meeting up at DSC. I may or may not have mentioned your name when she asked why i "needed" a double....

Oh…..grand

Congratulations!!! She’s beautiful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!