Chapuis Brousse 470 NE Double Rifle

Quick update on the weaver mount you can buy for these guns. So I may have also bought a new Chapuis UGEX in 9.3x74r so I now have something to compare to. :LOL: The top lever works as it's supposed to unlike the ELAN I sent to Benelli to fix. The weaver mount does slip over the top of the rib when it sits in that premilled rib slot for that mount. I don't understand the reasoning behind why it would slip over the top, it just seems silly to do that.

First two pictures are of the UGEX and you can see how that milled groove is perfectly wide enough to fit over the rib. The third picture down shows my ELAN and how it is not even remotely wide enough to fit over that rib. I must have bought an older model even though it was classified as new at Cabelas, which is called an ELAN on the rib but clearly is not the same as the new ELAN rifles being made now. Who the hell knows though. When I had talked to Benelli support, I swear the gentleman on the phone said it was made in 2021, so it's a bit baffling to me how it could be an older version. As annoying as that is, I'll just have the mount milled down to the correct length or try and find one made by a different company that I can use but has the same hole pattern. Just another thing to waste money on I guess :rolleyes:

I'm installing a scope on the UGEX using the recknagel made swivel quick disconnect mount. It looks like a nice setup but I haven't installed it all yet as I'm still waiting on the 1-6x scope to be delivered. I'll use this rifle for plains game just to add an extra layer of fun and the intrigue of it being a bit different than the standard bolt action gun. Then I will take one of my 450-400's for the elephant and lion.

PXL_20230526_225258175.jpg

PXL_20230526_225336584.jpg

PXL_20230428_233311627.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerlaMarti

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!