Cape buffalo Archery Setup

My PH had 8 of 9 buff killed with one arrow in '22, including mine. All spot & stalk, no blind bullshit.

Many of the follow up rifle shots are due to trigger happy PHs. One of the most prolific buff bow hunters actually taught my PH a lot- such as do not be trigger happy & shoot with a low (one ventricle) heart bow shot as it will take 30 min to die. And as long as you get good penetration on one lung it will also die.

Mine went 30 yards and bellowed in about a minute with a bow. The one I shot with a 375 went 100 yards and needed a second shot. The one with my 500 just dropped in the spot.

The biggest gripe PHs have is the fundamental lack of basic anatomy many American hunters exhibit, not only with bows but rifles. And poorly tuned bows.

Nice set up. 80# is stout, I shoot 75# with 930 gr arrows.

GLWS

ps ele is a lot of luck with a bow as even a 1200 gr arrow won't go through a rib. And the lack of a pleural space means no lung collapse and may result in an agonizing long death.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,320
Messages
1,572,871
Members
169,632
Latest member
CDZKing525
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top