Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, GSCO, HSC, NRA and FNAWS
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
image.jpg
The start of my quest for LDE and the ancillary species of the Savanah in Cameroon.

I started off in Houston traveling on Air France and I must say, despite the negativity swirling around we hunters lately I had a most pleasant experience checking in. A senior representative assisted with my check in process and was most courteous and efficient. In all 15 minutes to check in with my guns! At the end she asked if I would like to upgrade to Business Class on the Paris leg for $378! Needless to say I jumped on it.

Arrived Douala on time and a representative of Mayo Oldiri Safaris was waiting in baggage claim for me. He made customs clearing very smooth, about the normal wait time (90 minutes) to get through the process. Then off to the Star Land Hotel for overnight and then fly to Garoua on the 29th. The first pic is from Hotel window. It's been 22 years since my last trip to the Cameroon and my overall impression has been the same. Maybe more people but the city feels the same as it did in '94.

My next post will be after I complete my safari February 12th.

wow great start looking forward to the report!

looking foreward to hearing all about this adventure ,mate

Best of luck on that Eland .....looking forward to seeing more pictures !
Glen

Looking forward to a report from a place not many of us will ever get to! Best of luck!

Good Luck, can't wait for the rest of the report!

Good luck glad to hear the first part went so easy for you. Looking forward to seeing some pictures in FEB

You already have me on the edge of my seat! This is my all-time fantasy hunt!!!!!! Looking forward to your report ... shot an old monarch for the rest of us!!!!

JES.........................you are living my next dream hunt. I hope it is all you dreamed of as well.
We need lots of reporting here.......................Markhor, Marco Polo, LDE......................nothing else even comes close.........................best of luck.........................FWB

JES good luck on this adventure. I hope the pictures to follow are of you with a great trophy!

Wow sounds like you got you a hunt planned can't wait for the report with lots of pictures.

Can't wait to hear the name of your PH. Guav Johnson by any chance?!!

Wish you the best of luck !

Look forward to your report.

Wishing you all the best.

Happy Hunting & Straight Shooting!

R.

View attachment 54583
My next post will be after I complete my safari February 12th.

You know I've read so many hunt reports that while I still enjoy reading them all, it takes something special to really get me excited, which happened here initially, then I realized it was a lousy commercial! Just kidding of course, but looking forward to the rest of the story.

Best of luck to you! Really looking forward to this report!

Best of luck to you on the LDE hunt! Looking forward to reading the report. From the photo of the city of Douala, Cameroon, I can see the haze created by the Hamattan. Late Dec thru Feb this occurs and has been unusually bad this year in Lagos. The airborne dust plays havoc on people and machinery! The only beneifit is the haze blocks out the sun quite a bit so that it is cooler and dryer than normal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmattan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.