Cameroon Hunting feedback

Congratulation, that seems like a great conclusion to his journey, thank you for telling the tales

Thank you all for the feedback and comments. makes it a pleasure to write.
Some more Photos of the Bull.
IMG_5789 2.jpeg
IMG_5870 2.jpeg
IMG_5887 2.jpeg

What an amazing bull. Thank You for sharing

That is a very fine bull. What happens to the meat in Cameroon, do they have a community programme that would hel to solidify the future?

That is a very fine bull. What happens to the meat in Cameroon, do they have a community programme that would hel to solidify the future?
All the meat was salvaged, and mainly utilised in Camp, but all the Camp staff carried bundles of meat to their families at their respective Families.

By the time we had Him down it was getting quite Hot, so in order to try preserve the trophy and meat as best we could, we covered him in Green leaves until we could get more help to us, remember we already had one Waterbuck in the truck.
Once another Truck with extra help arrived, we man handled him into the back of the truck bed. The once again covered him in Green leaves to keep the sun off.

IMG_5877 2.jpeg

IMG_5910 2.jpeg

IMG_5799 2.jpeg

Great hunt . congratulations to you and your hunter! What beautiful animals . Both of them . So, what did you do for the next nine days?

Great hunt . congratulations to you and your hunter! What beautiful animals . Both of them . So, what did you do for the next nine days?
Rick we hunted hard. LOL. I'll keep posting as time goes.

What a beautiful bull. When the hunting gods smile on you life is good!

great report and thanks for sharing!

Next on the menu was basically anything that presented, with Buffalo and Roan High up on the list.
The area is not known for lots of Buffalo, but they are there. Roan are quite numerous, but as it goes with Roan, they can be skittish and getting a shot at one can be quite a trick. So I decided to only go after Roan if I thought it was a slam dunk, but concentrate on Buffalo.
Lots Of Cob around does make it hard to stay on your path, so the next to fall was a great looking cob.
PS. The Termite Mounds here are very particular.
IMG_5927.jpeg
IMG_5964.jpeg

Great job Ernest! One day………….

Great job Ernest! One day………….
Don’t wait for one day, go now. The hunting opportunities in Cameroon will not last forever if the rest of west and central Africa is any indicator.

YIKES quite a bull !! Congrats Sir

Congratulations Ernest. What an excellent LDE! Some hunts just turn out excellent and it looks like this was one of them. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Hope nobody is too bored with me yet, so here we go again.

Since the Cob we had 2 dry days of tracking Buffalo, we found a few loose herds with no mature Bulls. We did spook 2 dagga boys late one afternoon, and followed up the next morning, but a 5 hour tracking job ended up with Lost tracks...........A bit frustrating but that's the way it goes.
So we decided to leave early one morning to check out an area well south of camp. This trip produced an old Hartebeest Bull , which we could not pass up.

We did also see a really good Roan, but as we got onto the sticks he took off.

I can be a bit of the Stickler when it comes to Trophy care, those of you that know me, will know that one of my First visits when I get to a new camp, is the skinning shed, to check the quality of the salt and the preparations. In this case I am very satisfied and have high hopes of none, to little slip on the Eland Full mount skin. We hope to be able to display him at DSC in 2 years time.

IMG_6004 (1).jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

Hope nobody is too bored with me yet, so here we go again.

Since the Cob we had 2 dry days of tracking Buffalo, we found a few loose herds with no mature Bulls. We did spook 2 dagga boys late one afternoon, and followed up the next morning, but a 5 hour tracking job ended up with Lost tracks...........A bit frustrating but that's the way it goes.
So we decided to leave early one morning to check out an area well south of camp. This trip produced an old Hartebeest Bull , which we could not pass up.

We did also see a really good Roan, but as we got onto the sticks he took off.

I can be a bit of the Stickler when it comes to Trophy care, those of you that know me, will know that one of my First visits when I get to a new camp, is the skinning shed, to check the quality of the salt and the preparations. In this case I am very satisfied and have high hopes of none, to little slip on the Eland Full mount skin. We hope to be able to display him at DSC in 2 years time.

View attachment 521447
View attachment 521448
That will make a great full body mount. The coloration on that eland is beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you