Cameroon Bongo Hunt

McKenzie Sims

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
335
Reaction score
844
Media
13
Articles
4
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Member of
Safari Club International, GSCO
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon, Ethiopia. Outside of Africa. Pakistan, Azerbaijan ,Tajkistan, Turkey, Spain, New Zealand, Australia , Argentina, Across the US, and numerouse provinces in Canada
In April of 2022 I headed out in search of an adventure that had been calling me since the early 2000's when I first started dreaming of Africa.

That adventure was for the elusive Bongo. One of the first African species I can ever remember seeing in photographs was the Bongo and I instantly knew I had to hunt one. the amazing bell-shaped horns, the bright orange coloration with almost fluorescent white stripes they just stuck out to me.

I started planning this hunt in 2020 and after a few years of planning it finally happened! My good buddy Tyler and I headed to Cameroon in April to hunt with Mayo Oldiri Safaris with Ph's Dan Moore and Dustin Van Staden. This was one of my toughest hunts I’ve done more from a mental stand point than a physical but I will say now that I’ve lost 28 pounds since this hunt when I go do it again I will enjoy it much more.

We experienced so much on this hunt from snakes to dwarf crocodiles.

Its a must see!

I hope you all enjoy it.
 

Attachments

Really great video. I’ve watched before. The scene with the python is most impressive to me.
That was a wild experience for sure thanks for watching!
 
Fun to have that kind of adventure recorded. Monster bongo, congratulations, well done
 
Amazing hunt. I think a bongo is on most everyone’s list, maybe not attainable
 
Congrats and thanks for sharing!
 
Fun to have that kind of adventure recorded. Monster bongo, congratulations, well done
Yes it is, well worth it to have the memories thank you!
 
Great, just great, congrats :D Cheers:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,299
Members
169,520
Latest member
VerlaButle
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top