Bullet pullers help please

Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
7,794
Reaction score
20,905
Location
Atlanta GA
Media
42
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
6
I am trying to buy a bullet puller for my 400 grain 450-400. I do not understand what collet size to get. I have an RCBS press. Can someone let me know what to buy please. Thanks!
 
Hi Rare Breed,

First you will need a RCBS Standard Bullet Puller (RCBS part # 9440). Then you need to use the properly sized bullet puller collet. The caliber (bullet diameter) of your 450/400 should be 0.405" and am not sure which collet to recommend. You will either need the .40 caliber (RCBS part # 9432) or the .41 caliber (RCBS part # 9433).

I would suggest you contact RCBS to confirm. You can reach them by e-mail through this page:


Their phone number is (800) 533-5000 should you prefer to contact them that way.

Good luck,
Aarwolf
 
There is also an option to use a kinetic bullet puller. I place a foam ear plug into the "nose" of the puller. When the bullet exits the case, it is cushioned by the foam, allowing it to be reused. I believe Lymen makes the oversized kinetic puller necessary for larger calibers.
 
For pulling bullets I use the RCBS unit in my press. Collets are pretty flexible... I use a .44 collet to pull .404 (.423") bullets, works fine. I expect that a collet for .410" would work fine for your .450-400.
 
There is also an option to use a kinetic bullet puller. I place a foam ear plug into the "nose" of the puller. When the bullet exits the case, it is cushioned by the foam, allowing it to be reused. I believe Lymen makes the oversized kinetic puller necessary for larger calibers.
Thanks!
 
For pulling bullets I use the RCBS unit in my press. Collets are pretty flexible... I use a .44 collet to pull .404 (.423") bullets, works fine. I expect that a collet for .410" would work fine for your .450-400.
Thanks!
 
There is also an option to use a kinetic bullet puller. I place a foam ear plug into the "nose" of the puller. When the bullet exits the case, it is cushioned by the foam, allowing it to be reused. I believe Lymen makes the oversized kinetic puller necessary for larger calibers.
Thanks!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,377
Members
170,296
Latest member
AgustinCor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top