Buffalo in a herd

Great subject. I think I may take this idea into a thread all its own
This would be a good topic for discussion. It would be most interesting to hear from the PHs as well as all the hunters with different levels of experience.
 
My perspective on this is much the same as JimP's. I've only hunted African PG, but several of the animals were in a herd. My PH and I made sure we were looking at/talking about the same animal. Once I was on the animal in question I followed its' movements through my scope concentrating on the shot. When the animal was clear my PH would say something like "ok take the shot when you're ready." The timing of the shot was then up to me. In other situations where the animals seemed spooky he used phrases like "if you've got a shot, take it." Again it was up to me when to squeeze the trigger.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,570,675
Members
168,942
Latest member
AlbertoSel
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top