Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Big Bore Association, PHASA, SAPA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique
Hunt buffalo with us from only $ 6 200.00

It includes 4days hunting.
When Plains game are chosen to be hunted also then you receive the buffalo at cost price!

Bargain of the year!

Contact us.

Hunt buffalo with us from only $ 6 200.00

It includes 4days hunting.
When Plains game are chosen to be hunted also then you receive the buffalo at cost price!

Bargain of the year!

Contact us.

Where, is it in South Africa? or Neighbouring countries??

Is this an exportable trophy? What will the fees be if no shot represent itself in 4 days? Sounds like a hunt on reposes farms in Zim. What is included in this 4days? Food, accommodation, etc? More details please. Sounds to good to be true

Hello Theo

It is in South Africa, in the 4days daily rates are included, meaning accommodation, meals, drinks, PH's, trackers ect, everything that a daily rate includes, you have no extra costs. I will gladly email you all the info, just send me a mail please Theo?

Yes the trophy is of course exportable Andries, our clients are from all over the world and wont advertise non-exportable trophies.

Hope to receive an email from you soon.

Best wishes

I'm glad you are getting a chance to explain your offer. I don't think it's fair when people jump all over it before a full explanation is given.

So, this $6,200 includes everything then. Buff trophy fee, daily rates, accommodation, meals, drinks etc. Correct?

Hello Tom

Yes that is correct!

What is your email adress so I can forward you all the info to look at?

Hi This is Africa

That is a very good offer but why not post all the details here on African Hunting it might make live a lot easier for people who are interested?

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Hello Louis

I will do that, I will post a new thread with some more info for you guys.

Regards

That really is a great deal. I am also interested in seeing the details. 6200 for an trophy bull all inclusive with the chance of it being less if you shoot a plains game animal is a great offer.

What is your email adress Buchbuck?

PM sent with email address, or you can just post the details here. Thank You

I've received the "details" by email. Why don't you just post them here? Really? If you want me to, i can post them here for you.

Thank you for the email and the explanation of your hunts. For me its not so much about the cost as it is about the adventure, but when someone puts out a carrot for a low cost with a big adventure, we always take notice.

Your low price is for a cow. I personally am not interested in that hunt although there may be many that are. If I lived in SA I would at least be able to take the meat home, although the hunt may be more as you would not be able to sell the meat, and a mount of a cow is of no interest, so the 6500 would be simply the cost to kill an animal. This is not a hunt for me.

I did however enjoy looking over your information that you sent. As a bow hunter there are some things that got my attention and I feel you should focus on. You offer Bow Hunting only areas. You offer Walk & Stalk bowhunting. This is huge to me! There are very few places that I know that offer this. If you are good at this and have had success you should talk more about it.

You offer Pit Blinds, tree stands, and are willing to move stands or work with a hunter. I have to say I love being involved in a hunt. That is part of the whole adventure.
The lapa, Boma, swimming pool, champagne and shrimp, or a fireside chat. I admit I love 5 starr lodging, but the chance to spend a couple days in the bush in a tent is also just as great as the other. You offer both.

Now, why would anyone charge 200 for a jackal. Most places credit me 50 for each one I shoot. With a bow trust me, they are ahead of the game..

In all your advertising you mention if someone shoots something else they get a buff at cost. What's cost. I don't like this whole term. You mean if I kill others you will let me know what the buff cost you and will eliminate your profit and focus on the plains game.
I suggest you find a different way and just call it a discount.

I hope I was not to direct. I liked many things you have to offer and wish you would focus on them, as opposed to trying to draw me in with a low price, then again I guess it worked.

This hunt, 6200, is for a cow buffalo?

Yes, its for a cow. I agree with bushbuck completely. You could use much better marketing tactics than being vague.

This past November I took a 7 day bull buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe, Zambezi Valley, for 6400.00 which included the trophy fee. I found that hunt right here, Bouma Safaris, Theo Verster.

Given the nature of this particular offer I won't even read any further offers from this company. Much easier to just be up front and honest than to turn away possible good clients because of shady wording on offers.

These so called buff cow hunts are done for R24000. I have a friend that has done it twice now. He was allowed to take the cape and he went as far as mounting it. I would not personally mount a cow but he, as the ad reads says he shot a buffalo. I took a bull, a nice one and I don’t exchange buff hunting stories with him. If you going to do it once then go all the way, do it right. The add is misleading and with a bitter after taste I also found out by personal email that this was a cow. If there are guys out there interested in hunting buff cows then it can be done at a fraction of the price. R24000 = $3500 at most.

Hi guy’s thanks for all the details!

I agree with Andries here it is your right to offer hunts at a price you deem as fair but don’t mislead people there is a reason why most Outfitter in South Africa are asking around $15 000 for a buffalo hunt.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Dear Andries & Louis

I would rather not give an honest opinion of what I think of your comments by trying to discredit me and my company.

Firstly, there is nothing misleading about my package, as you should know this is a personal business, we take great care in explaining everything in detail with a client before a hunt is booked, and by personal I mean via phone or email. As you have also seen, i've sent you all my info about everything as well, in detail! So what do you find misleading.

Here is the reality, this package includes EVERYTHING for 4 days, $3 500 is only for the buffalo, so don't be vague. Then there are plenty other costs that you dont mension! I take care in presenting a client with everything so that there are no surprises. So go and add everythining together. And yes, we offer buffalo bull hunts far below $ 15 000, and we hunt them on a 9000Ha concession in SA, its not a walk in and shoot hunt. And also Mozambique and Zimbabwe.

Thirdly we have a huge list of very satisfied clients whom would gladly tell any possible client of the first class, straight forward, and honest company we run.

And fouthly, the biggest problem we have in Africa in the hunting industry is the fact that Outfitters work against each other. Which is another reason why we pride ourselfs by working together with many other outfitters who also run an honest business.

Just thaught I would clear up a few things.

Thank you for your comments, and I hope you have a successfull year!

Regards
Heinrich

Hallo Heinrich

First and foremost I did not discredit you or your company here all I said is post all the info with regards to the offer it is after all the forum rules or all of us can post hunts for a price without including the details.

I have no problems with you or your Outfit nor do I have a problem with what you are offering all I said was I agree with Andries that this add is misleading that is all.

I stated clearly that it is your right to sell any hunt you would like for a price you deem fair?

Posting something and not adding details to your post especially if it is like in this case for a female buffalo can be misleading you could have just said in the original offer “get a female buffalo hunt at cost” simple as that?

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg