Buffalo caliber advice

Do you not have a crossbow?
Or better yet, a longbow! Just remember to wear your chainmail armor if things go awry. AND, your PH would be backing you up with a scoped crossbow, so no worries
 
Last edited:
PeteG. i'm certainly no doctor (although I do offer examinations from time to time) but from where I am sitting it appears that at some stage during the night some vile, infected insect (bug) has scampered up one of your orifices and decomposed.
This resulting action seems to have disturbed you beyond doubt and reason.

I assume your condition is related to another thread but am confused as to which one.
Please give me some reference for further diagnosis.

My recommended cure is for you to make a conscious effort to ignore what you know better and that "bug" will slowly dissolve and you will then begin to feel better.
 
A tightly waded spit wad through at least a six in straw, and a frozen herring for backup gets my vote
 
Me thunks a better way would be to use a double blunt nose Sambura spear with a red dot. Mo metal then a measly little bullet.
 
Now how silly is that? You would use the old DGX if you had any balls!!!

You're on the right track @PHOENIX PHIL.

Hornady ammo back in the old days would save you some money after all. At around $2 per shot many hunters saved like $20 or $30 per hunt and that's if they practiced a lot on their range trip before the hunt!

Now though with improved .22 LR ammunition you can get THUNDERBOLT ammo for less than three cents per round! That's a $1.97 per round savings!!! Mind boggling.....

https://www.ammofreedom.com/remington-rimfire-ammo-thunderbolt-22-long-rifle-lr-rn-40-grain-500-rounds-tb22b-p-107649.html?slave_id=10013&asaid=as0003&utm_source=ammoseek&utm_medium=listing&utm_term=Rimfire Rounds&utm_campaign=redirect&asaid=as0003

Now I know I know. Some say that the .22 LR isn't much on stopping power for buffalo but don't forget that it's all about shot placement and dead is dead.

Besides, if by some unfortunate circumstance you did manage to wound a buffalo with your .22 (can't imagine that happening but we should all prepare for the unlikely) then that's what your PH is for! We pay them lots of good money to take care of situations like that. So let them buy all of that expensive ammunition.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 10.44.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 10.44.56 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 150
Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of opting for a blow dart gun with a muzzle brake?

Are you NUTS???

Do you know how loud that damn thing would be? You need to take those who have to be near into consideration.

Really want this going off in your ear?

Mix - CHALLENGING BOOGER THE BELCHING CONTEST REVENGE OF THE NERDS:
 
I’d just punch the damn thing in the face. Problem solved.
 
PeteG. i'm certainly no doctor (although I do offer examinations from time to time) but from where I am sitting it appears that at some stage during the night some vile, infected insect (bug) has scampered up one of your orifices and decomposed.
This resulting action seems to have disturbed you beyond doubt and reason.

I assume your condition is related to another thread but am confused as to which one.
Please give me some reference for further diagnosis.

My recommended cure is for you to make a conscious effort to ignore what you know better and that "bug" will slowly dissolve and you will then begin to feel better.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/hunting-fenced-in-buffalo.51667/
 
image.jpg

Gentlemen, Gentlemen! Anyone who has enough sense to pour piss out of a boot knows that the best weight retention comes from the chewy nuget center core surrounded by chocolate but it must be gas checked!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 295644
Gentlemen, Gentlemen! Anyone who has enough sense to pour piss out of a boot knows that the best weight retention comes from the chewy nuget center core surrounded by chocolate but it must be gas checked!!

I am still not sure how the piss got in my boot in the first place....
 
View attachment 295644
Gentlemen, Gentlemen! Anyone who has enough sense to pour piss out of a boot knows that the best weight retention comes from the chewy nuget center core surrounded by chocolate but it must be gas checked!!
Looks like a frozen anchovy to me - sure that is heavy enough for a buff? Though might work through a .340 Weatherby.
 
You're on the right track @PHOENIX PHIL.

Hornady ammo back in the old days would save you some money after all. At around $2 per shot many hunters saved like $20 or $30 per hunt and that's if they practiced a lot on their range trip before the hunt!

Now though with improved .22 LR ammunition you can get THUNDERBOLT ammo for less than three cents per round! That's a $1.97 per round savings!!! Mind boggling.....

https://www.ammofreedom.com/remington-rimfire-ammo-thunderbolt-22-long-rifle-lr-rn-40-grain-500-rounds-tb22b-p-107649.html?slave_id=10013&asaid=as0003&utm_source=ammoseek&utm_medium=listing&utm_term=Rimfire Rounds&utm_campaign=redirect&asaid=as0003

Now I know I know. Some say that the .22 LR isn't much on stopping power for buffalo but don't forget that it's all about shot placement and dead is dead.

Besides, if by some unfortunate circumstance you did manage to wound a buffalo with your .22 (can't imagine that happening but we should all prepare for the unlikely) then that's what your PH is for! We pay them lots of good money to take care of situations like that. So let them buy all of that expensive ammunition.
Yeah, the PH is going to have a scoped crossbow anyway with titanium bolts and broad heads!
 
I am still not sure how the piss got in my boot in the first place....
It was the last guy with the camera in the video pissing in your boot while you were reloading his crossbow! Ha! Ha! Ha!
 
You're on the right track @PHOENIX PHIL.

Hornady ammo back in the old days would save you some money after all. At around $2 per shot many hunters saved like $20 or $30 per hunt and that's if they practiced a lot on their range trip before the hunt!

Now though with improved .22 LR ammunition you can get THUNDERBOLT ammo for less than three cents per round! That's a $1.97 per round savings!!! Mind boggling.....

https://www.ammofreedom.com/remington-rimfire-ammo-thunderbolt-22-long-rifle-lr-rn-40-grain-500-rounds-tb22b-p-107649.html?slave_id=10013&asaid=as0003&utm_source=ammoseek&utm_medium=listing&utm_term=Rimfire Rounds&utm_campaign=redirect&asaid=as0003

Now I know I know. Some say that the .22 LR isn't much on stopping power for buffalo but don't forget that it's all about shot placement and dead is dead.

Besides, if by some unfortunate circumstance you did manage to wound a buffalo with your .22 (can't imagine that happening but we should all prepare for the unlikely) then that's what your PH is for! We pay them lots of good money to take care of situations like that. So let them buy all of that expensive ammunition.
I must say I am a little concerned with the penetration of the 22LR at ranges of 300-400yds on a going away buff, I’m not sure the soft will penetrate through from the rear to the chest. Maybe I’m just being overly critical though...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,917
Members
170,476
Latest member
GroverStye
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top