Website
www.safaricoafrica.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA & CHASA
Hunted
DRC, Tazania, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia
Was this your company that conducted this hunt? This video has been making the rounds for at least a day. There is also a audio clip giving some explanation of the event.

Nope!!!

Buffalo is a dangerous game hunt, obviously. Hopefully there’s more to this than we see - because what we see looks like amateur hour. So many things done wrong . . .

I hope no one was seriously injured.

Also for the OP, lucky Phil asked the question - my assumption was that this was one of your hunts! Maybe make that clear . . . (y)

I am also confused about the point you are trying to make. As Hank and Jaws note there is a lot going wrong in this scenario - I am not even entirely sure who the PH is. I am certainly unsure what a fence has to do with anything.

Buffalo is a dangerous game hunt, obviously. Hopefully there’s more to this than we see - because what we see looks like amateur hour. So many things done wrong . . .

I hope no one was seriously injured.

Also for the OP, lucky Phil asked the question - my assumption was that this was one of your hunts! Maybe make that clear . . . (y)

I am also confused about the point you are trying to make. As Hank and Jaws note there is a lot going wrong in this scenario - I am not even entirely sure who the PH is. I am certainly unsure what a fence has to do with anything.

There has also been a separate audio clip making the rounds that shed some light on this. The audio was clearly recorded after the attack. Who created that audio is not known to me. I will attempt to give you the facts as I understand them from this audio file as I'm not sure at the moment how to upload that file. Again this is my summary of what I heard on the audio, I CANNOT attest to the accuracy nor who is speaking.

1. Buffalo was shot using a crossbow and wounded the previous day to what you see in the video.

2. The bigger man carrying the phone near the other two guys apparently taking video is the client.

3. The gent not wearing camo, carrying the rifle with a suppressor is the farm manager. Caliber of rifle is .30-06, yes that's what the man said on audio.

4. The other gent in camo carrying a rifle is the PH. Caliber is .375HH.

I'm not a PH, won't pretend to be one and as such I'll decline to offer my opinion on this. But I will say this, anyone in on the follow up of a wounded buff carrying a .30-06 and especially with the suppressor on it making the rifle that much more unwieldy, well I'm not sure what to say, but sure seem crazy to me.

To clarify:

1. Not my hunt
2. I posted this to debunk the myth that hunting buffalo on a fenced property is not a real hunt.
3. Buffalo are dangerous. Fenced or not.
4. There is no pill for stupidity.

You might be a rooinek if:

You use a scoped/suppressed/.30 rifle for follow ups on dg.

You make your living as a left handed ph, and use a right handed rifle that takes you over 5 seconds to re-chamber.

You are a ph, using a scoped rifle for follow up on wounded dg.

You are a ph and allow a client to film 30' to the side of you on a follow up on wounded dg.

You are a farm manager and you think a buff is soft, since he was so docile when you removed the ear tag.

BTW. cute JR pup.

Last edited:
You might be a rooinek if:

You use a scoped/suppressed/.30 rifle for follow ups on dg.

You make your living as a left handed ph, and use a right handed rifle that takes you over 5 seconds to re-chamber.

You are a ph, using a scoped rifle for follow up on wounded dg.

You are a ph and allow a client to film 30' to the side of you on a follow up on wounded dg.

You are a farm manager and you think a buff is soft, since he was so docile when you removed the ear tag.

BTW. cute JR pup.
Add the fact that you have located a wounded buffalo, and you seemingly maintain no control over a group of people, allowing a client, a cameraman and at least one tracker to roam around at will.

I have followed up wounded buffalo. We discussed the procedure in advance, and strict discipline was maintained throughout. When the buffalo charged us, we were ready and no time was spent wondering where anyone might be. And the PH and I both carried ‘real’ rifles.

Never been in that situation so I may be naive, but as a hunter how do you let someone else follow up on your wounded animal? I got us here, give me a gun!

Perhaps it is because the hunter only brought a crossbow, and a crossbow is what set this entire spectacle in motion.

Never been in that situation so I may be naive, but as a hunter how do you let someone else follow up on your wounded animal? I got us here, give me a gun!
When it comes to following up dangerous game, PH’s will generally make a decision whether a client will be part of the solution or part of the problem. In this case, the Ph seems to have got that part right, if nothing else.

Perhaps it is because the hunter only brought a crossbow, and a crossbow is what set this entire spectacle in motion.

Even then, give me one of the guns being used. If I wounded the buff then I should be one of the ones facing it, not somebody else.

Like I said, I may be naive in this regard but I couldn’t stand holding a camera and watching this happen while somebody else put themselves in the line of danger for something I’ve done.

This is the strangest sensation... I want to say something so badly and I just don't know what to say:E Sad:
The only one that didn't completely screw the pooch, IS The Pooch!

I think the clearest decision here was to dance the Charlie Foxtrot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg