Browning / Sako Safari 284

David jr

AH veteran
Joined
Sep 12, 2025
Messages
103
Reaction score
183
Location
Regina New Mexico
Media
3
Member of
Life NRA Life SASS
Hunted
United States
Time to thin out the heard I will be posting several rifles and some Colt SAA ’S
First rifle is a Sako/ browning safari in 284 caliber The rifle is all original except a Boyd stock missing the front sight post and the rear sight.
Redfield scope base Barrel is 22 inch, LOP 14 inch
A few marks on bluing stock is new glass bedded and barrel free floated
1500.00 + shipping
284 4.jpg
284 1.jpg
284 4.jpg
284 5.jpg
284 6.jpg
284 7.jpg
284 8.jpg
284 9.jpg
284 10.jpg
 
Time to thin out the heard I will be posting several rifles and some Colt SAA ’S
First rifle is a Sako/ browning safari in 284 caliber The rifle is all original except a Boyd stock missing the front sight post and the rear sight.
Redfield scope base Barrel is 22 inch, LOP 14 inch
A few marks on bluing stock is new glass bedded and barrel free floated
1500.00 + shippingView attachment 783439View attachment 783440View attachment 783441View attachment 783442View attachment 783443View attachment 783444View attachment 783445View attachment 783446View attachment 783447
Just out of curiosity, what happened to the original stock?
 
Ok, don't beat me up too bad over this question. I understand that this rifle is a .284 caliber, but could you please tell me what cartridge it takes?
 
Ok, don't beat me up too bad over this question. I understand that this rifle is a .284 caliber, but could you please tell me what cartridge it takes?
I suspect it is chambered in 284 Winchester, which was a cataloged item for the Safari Grades in the 1960's, utilizing the same Browning-specific Sako L579 action variant that was used for the medium length cartridges like 22-250, 243, and 308 Winchester.
 
I suspect it is chambered in 284 Winchester, which was a cataloged item for the Safari Grades in the 1960's, utilizing the same Browning-specific Sako L579 action variant that was used for the medium length cartridges like 22-250, 243, and 308 Winchester.
Thank you, Sir! I'm learning, I promise!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,253
Messages
1,570,817
Members
169,180
Latest member
AprilRosar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top