BRNO ZKK 602 .375H&H Hunt

So then say "I want to buy the cheapest operable cz550 available with a good bore" and we'll surely find you one on this forum.

Good luck in your quest! I had a CZ 550 in .375 for a while. It was a good gun, but I have to say the finish on mine was disappointing. The metalwork was ok, but the checkering was quite rough and poorly done. I know it isn't a custom gun, but it retails for around about $1100 US here in the States, so for that money they can do better woodwork. I sold it eventually, but it was a fine shooting rifle.

Just this past weekend I stumbled into a Whitworth Express in .375 and snatched it up. Inside and out the rifle appears new, I doubt it has 30 or 40 rounds through it; I'm looking forward to shooting it this weekend.

Abenson229 that sounds like a nice find. I have advertised here in Canada for one as well.
Ultimately I hope to find one in Canada so I can avoid the 30% difference in exchange rate. However finding one is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Well, I finally have a tracking number for an 1987 BRNO ZKK 602 in .375H&H. A grand total of 68 rounds fired through it to date. I should have it by the end of the month. It cost me about $750 USD shipped to the house. I'm a happy man.

An absolute bargain. ...have been working with them and bought a few in my time

Have a new project underway

Will post with updates as they happen

Just picked up a ZKK 601 in .308win for $340USD. Stock is all Bubba'd up but the action and barrel are in great shape. Now to find a donor stock or even a synthetic.

I just got my ZKK 602 in 458 Lott. One thing I'm thinking about is, is it possible to mount a red dot sight on the front base only or will the recoil send it flying?

I have not fired mine as of yet. We are going to put rings and a scope on it and hopefully find some ammo for it. Availability of .375h&h on the East Coast of Canada is slim and expensive. Looks like I may have to break down and buy reloading gear.

I have not fired mine as of yet. We are going to put rings and a scope on it and hopefully find some ammo for it. Availability of .375h&h on the East Coast of Canada is slim and expensive. Looks like I may have to break down and buy reloading gear.

Do it and you will be happy! You can reload and shoot a lot to get comfortable. I get a lot of use out of my brass. Having to dish out $80 everytime you go to the range can be a disincentive. Also, you can get some remarkable accuracy out of the 375 H&H over several hundred yards so it is worth the effort.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice. I've never reloaded so this may be a new adventure.

Trying to find good 30mm rings for this rifle. Any suggestions for brand? Was there such a thing as a one pice ring/base for these 602's?

Alaska arms make takeoff mounts for brnos

I have used those Alaska arms mounts on a ZKK 602 in .458Win. on 2 trips to Africa, very sturdy mounts...expensive on this side of the pond...but you get what you pay for..

Trying to find good 30mm rings for this rifle. Any suggestions for brand? Was there such a thing as a one pice ring/base for these 602's?
I have used Alaska arms, Talley and Warne. All in QD and prefer the order as shown. Have two scopes with Alaska and Talley attached. One is a Nikon monarch 3 2-8x32 with the Alaska 1 " rings, the other is a Docter V6 2-12x50 illuminated reticle, which I use for load development and shooting at dusk. Handy to be able to remove quickly and use open sights when walking into thick scrub. I use these with my CZ550 safari in 375 h&h. Best of luck mate.

I have used Alaska arms, Talley and Warne. All in QD and prefer the order as shown. Have two scopes with Alaska and Talley attached. One is a Nikon monarch 3 2-8x32 with the Alaska 1 " rings, the other is a Docter V6 2-12x50 illuminated reticle, which I use for load development and shooting at dusk. Handy to be able to remove quickly and use open sights when walking into thick scrub. I use these with my CZ550 safari in 375 h&h. Best of luck mate.
20170210_125850.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg