BRNO Effect? Break action single shot

See them on the auction sites now and then, not often.
 
What are they priced at now? I think I bought mine in 2010 and it was priced around $1000.
It is right around 1000, maybe a bit less. If it were a 7x65r it would be in my truck already! I’m pretty well loaded up on 308’s myself!
 
Gents; that fkbrno sight in "Gainsboro, Florida" is a scam. It is associated with a server in Singapore!! My cousin actually works for Brno Arms in the Czech Republic and has recently confirmed this fact for me. CZ still owns Brno, but their focus is on pistols and olympic-grade match rifles for the Euro market. I happen to be looking for a replacement stock set for my 308 Brno Effect, but no luck. I did, however, find a NOS Brno Effect in the Czech Republic and may have it imported to Canada. It is in the venerable 7x65r calibre, which is an excellent all-around performer. It is similar in ballistics to the 280 Rem, but has the case capacity to be handloaded even hotter, as long as the break action is modern and strong. My Effect is well used and is amoung one of my favourite stalking rifles. It is less than 6 pounds unscoped and is a very well thought-out and robust design. My plan would be to keep my 308 receiver for spare parts and have two interchangeable barrels, 308 and 7x65r... win win.
 
Last edited:
The Czech retailer contacted me. They won't export. Too much red tape and cost. However, I begged them to sell me just the stock set, barrel (of course) and the firing pin assembly. Fingers crossed. It would be nice to have 7x65r !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,827
Members
169,420
Latest member
WinnieFenn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top