BOTSWANA: NG 13 Elephant Hunt

I haven’t heard anything from Leon and Jerry yet. I know Leon said it had been wet and the elephants might be spread out a bit.

However, I talked with a PH for Johan Calitz Safaris and he said they were dry and the pans looked like it was already July over in NG41. They turned down an upper 60s bull and are still looking. The season is young.

Thanks for the update me thinks they are in the thick of things and have time to be picky.

I have a feeling this is going to be really good. Good luck, go get em!

Awesome report so far! Adventures of travel in Africa for sure. Focus on the hunt and don't stress the past few days of challenges.

Talked to Mike Fell. He has a hunter/hunt booked with Leon next month. Mike said Leon got pictures of an 80 pounder recently while working on the new camp and new roads. Hope Jerry gets a good bull. Fingers crossed!

My count is Day 18 of 21. Jerry is definitely taking it down to the wire, but I think he was hunting more for the experience than the ivory. I imagine the hunt is a success regardless.

By the time there is news I might have been on my hunt and back to read it.
It will be good I'm sure.

My count is Day 18 of 21. Jerry is definitely taking it down to the wire, but I think he was hunting more for the experience than the ivory. I imagine the hunt is a success regardless.
If you are right, then by my world watch, hunt ended a couple hrs ago. BUT..... seemed they were open to staying longer if needed.

Good news coming soon…

Wow, what a rollercoaster so far! You have more patience than I do sir!

Looking forward to hearing how the remainder of this hunt goes!

Let’s hope for the best, He has a good cheering section

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.