Boris J resigns as PM

Scrummy

What is the general political position on (trophy)hunting?

From present perspective in media it seams that conservatives (Boris) are against trophy hunting, and I presume labor party is then pro hunting? (or pro gun) Or not?

Is it all upside down, when compared to USA? (Where democrats are pro gun, and liberals anti gun)
British Conservatives hate hunting and Labor Party people disgust it. British hunters are pretty much done for, either way.

There is no appetite for hunting amongst any of the main UK political parties

Johnson’s government, in this regard, has advocated a populist policy based upon an I’ll informed anti hunting position

they were and remain reluctant to listen to any opinions that don’t fit that populist agenda

it is an approach pushed by (but not limited to) Johnston’s un elected wife

British Conservatives hate hunting and Labor Party people disgust it. British hunters are pretty much done for, either way.
My impression is that British hunters may be more likely to vote conservative but that on the whole the political issue is more related to the rural/urban and class divides rather than partisanship.

Labor doesn’t like it because it’s a pursuit of the nobles, toffs, monarchy, etc. Wealthier Conservatives may participate but it takes a back seat to other issues especially when courting the votes of less wealthy conservatives.

The UK is different enough that those of us in the US often stumble trying to make 1:1 comparisons.

I was no fan of Johnson. Yes, he got Brexit done, cutting ties with the biggest political scam ever perpetrated on the peoples of Europe--namely that virulently antidemocratic machine called EU. But he didn't follow up with any meaningful Conservative agenda. Under his rule, illegal immigration remained very high, corporate taxes were raised, and the "green" agenda was constantly pushed as an urgent need. He made no effort to rein in the pox of wokeness, which has pretty much infected every British institution, while being all too ready to establish draconian lockdown, vaccination and mask rules for his citizens.

Good riddance. Not that I am under any illusion that the nation with "Great" as part of its name will in fact elect or appoint great leadership. The only thing "great" about Britain will continue to be the slide away from its culture and traditions and towards hyper-urbanization, a neutered culture, woke amnesia (at best) about its past, and criminalization of thought and speech.

May I be 100% wrong about this--since I am very attached to traditional Britain, its history, its aesthetics and its values.

Last edited:
I don't know Johnson, one way or another. Within the "Realm" so to speak he couldn't have been as bad as our neighbor "Truedope". Just like here in the US with Brandon, the never-Trumpers and RINOS. Those who fence-sit and always try to triangulate from a sterile third party, above the fray position, to me, are always a bit suspect. Be careful what you wish for! :) Great Britain is one of the strongest allies we have and I wish well to the old country.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Scrummy and Bowjijohn have filled in, relevant simple terms the left and right in UK politics. Scotland is run by a Scottish national party in tandem with the green party, have a guess their views on hunting shooting and fishing????
Wales is run by the Welsh Labour Party who are certainly no friends now to hunting shooting and fishing, as recently demonstrated by new pest control policy.

Boris and his wife Carrie have done immense damage to the UK with their green policies, not just hunting, UK farmers have been dumped on from a great height! Let alone the current cost of living crisis.

Sadly those that may replace him, again will not be friends of the shooting community. Popular woke policy wins out against factual arguments, shooting is poorly portrayed in most msm now and popular votes are the only goal.

I have seen that the Finnish government are now looking to ban trophy hunting imports, the cynical amongst us must ask what these politicians say to each other on the mobile phone, you would think with the trouble in the world at the moment.

Sadly Carrie won't disappear, she will feel free to speak her mind now, plus with her connection's she will continue to push the animal rights agenda.

Guys we must not give up the battle against these idiots!!!!

Sadly Carrie won't disappear, she will feel free to speak her mind now, plus with her connection's she will continue to push the animal rights agenda.
At least she won't be the PM's wife. I am hopeful she will be relegated into the nutty hoards.

Some names seem to lead to certain behaviors. Remember Congressman Anthony Weiner? Boris Johnson's downfall was the Chris Pincher affair. Apparently, too much negative feedback after appointing Pincher as deputy Whip (WTF?). Anyway, appointing a touchy feely guy with a sexual misconduct allegation history, whos name happens to be Pincher, made some MP's nervous. Bottom line: Pincher hurt Boris. Regardless of replacement, I fear for hunting in the UK. Still, they have an opportunity now ...............FWB

Some names seem to lead to certain behaviors. Remember Congressman Anthony Weiner? Boris Johnson's downfall was the Chris Pincher affair. Apparently, too much negative feedback after appointing Pincher as deputy Whip (WTF?). Anyway, appointing a touchy feely guy with a sexual misconduct allegation history, whos name happens to be Pincher, made some MP's nervous. Bottom line: Pincher hurt Boris. Regardless of replacement, I fear for hunting in the UK. Still, they have an opportunity now ...............FWB
Bottom line! Lol!!!

I do find it funny that a guy called pincher was done for groping

I got a message elsewhere last night , someone wrote that " Its bit odd that a guy named Johnson cant keep it up "

And that Packham guy , Gonqalves guy ( Goncalves Portuguese communist ,vegan supporting bad goverments around and money ) Both of these zealot henchmen have laughed like the Joker to the bank whilst at the same time shunned animals and the true Animal Welfare people.

Turning BBC to be a " Countryfear " instead of the love for it with all it has not includs in " Countryphile"

Would rather seen Michael Yardley on BBC prime time than " Countryphile " show ,but that BBC would not sadly have some years ago.

Or Charlie and David of FsB,that would be not only awesome on prime tv ,but it would make the ara cry like there is no tomorrow .

Very broadly speaking, I would say that there is more support for hunting and shooting amongst the Conservative Party and some Liberal Democrats than in the other parties. There are a significant number of Conservative MPs who shoot, however, they generally keep very quite about this due to an urban centric public opinion.

The other parties are broadly anti shooting and hunting, probably mainly based on class prejudice, even though I would say the majority of shooting people in the UK are working class, that is just not how the public see it.

I can't see there being an election any time soon, as the Conservatives will loose, so we will end up with the new Conservative leader being PM for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I would agree with @Scrumbag on Boris (who incidently used to shoot until he met his current wife) but I think it is a very good thing he is going. He is absolutely hated in Scotland, even by many Conservatives, so struggles to take support from the SNP. If the Conservatives can find a leader who appeals in Scotland and can stand up to the Scottish leader then that would be a massive positive to help prevent the break up of the UK.

My view is that Ben Wallace, the ex-minister of defence would be the best bet. He seems quiet and intelligent and was previously involved with Scottish Politics and was an officer of a prestigious Scottish Regiment. He also seems fairly traditionally minded and tough but has the reputation of being a fairly wild party animal, which could work either way.

Scrummy

What is the general political position on (trophy)hunting?

From present perspective in media it seams that conservatives (Boris) are against trophy hunting, and I presume labor party is then pro hunting? (or pro gun) Or not?

Is it all upside down, when compared to USA? (Where republicans are pro gun, and democrats anti gun)
I would say neither party is pro-hunting. Tory's unusually particularly anti-hunting at the moment but I would say both parties have bigger issues to deal with (Ukraine, Economy, you know, actual important stuff).

Johnston is a deeply flawed individual, and many, including me, resent his wife's influence on policy

I'll not mourn his passing - however all now very much depends upon the new PM and the direction of travel

I suspect that there has been a deliberate strategy over past months to undermine Johnston and I'd like to understand just who they are and their motivations

Brexit remains a deeply dividing issue here and I suspect remainers' hands on the tiller of the campaign against him - together with Cummings, another deeply troubling individual.

My own biased position (and many will disagree with me) is that I'd like to see

1. Not one inch of movement in the direction of the remain camp

2. The abandonment of the green agenda in favour of a well thought out strategy of national energy security

3. The end to this anti-hunting initiative - it is not based upon sound scientific principle and not helpful to the conservation cause

4. An end to this woke crap

5. Strong leadership in dealing with Putin and the encouragement of reluctant European nations to take up their NATO defence responsibilities in Europe, thus freeing up the USA to deal with growing threat in the Pacific.
On this matter, European countries, including our own, talk up a storm but deliver very little.
Germany in particular has got to get its head out of Putin's arse. It was firmly believed in intelligence circles that, in the past, any NATO operational info passed to the German Gov ended up on Putin's desk the same day

6. Strong policies to deal with the threat of economic migration which will not only be exacerbated by global economic problems, but is also a tool in the arsenal of enemy states' unconventional warfare playbook

Curing the problems from a global economic malaise is not within the gift of a UK Gov. It is going to get a great deal worse and there is the very real prospect of a wider war in the near future. Life is going to get hard here - I suspect the ''good times'' are over

So who ever takes over will require a reinforced backbone

Weak self interested hand wringers need not apply - we've already had a bunch of them in the past

Last edited:
Hi All,

I appreciate Brickburn made a fair comment that Carrie won't be the PM's wife! Some may say she was the unelected PM, but you will read here that she will now concentrate on her ARA work, please remember that her best friend Zac Goldsmith is still in the government rest assured these people haven't gone away and when it's comes to trying to get votes, they will try their hardest on animal rights agendas. Forgetting real world and home problems!!

I would not be fooled into thinking his removal will ease our fight worldwide to keep doing what we love hunting, fishing and immersing in the outdoors.

I don't really follow other countries politics closely, makes my blood boil faster as the pure arrogance, dictatorship and craziness is rampant worldwide.

I do follow my own Canadian politics and wish some Canadians would remove our dictator Trudope any way possible and immediately.

MB

Basically Johnson (we suspect largely guided by his wife) was very anti trophy hunting. There was talk of a law banning the import of hunting trophies to the UK. This has been called really criticised by some countries such as Namibia and Botswana. It's sometimes referred to as colonialist as it appears certain developed nations are trying to restrict the usage / development options for developing nations by trying to influence how they utilise their natural resources.
@Scrumbag
I say old chap you must be rather chuffed at the idea of that twerp standing down.
Problem is he is still there until they find a replacement.
That would NEVER HAPPEN in the colonies. Here if you resign it's toodly pip and fuck off. The party then picks the next dickhead to lead them.

Hi All,

Scrummy and Bowjijohn have filled in, relevant simple terms the left and right in UK politics. Scotland is run by a Scottish national party in tandem with the green party, have a guess their views on hunting shooting and fishing????
Wales is run by the Welsh Labour Party who are certainly no friends now to hunting shooting and fishing, as recently demonstrated by new pest control policy.

Boris and his wife Carrie have done immense damage to the UK with their green policies, not just hunting, UK farmers have been dumped on from a great height! Let alone the current cost of living crisis.

Sadly those that may replace him, again will not be friends of the shooting community. Popular woke policy wins out against factual arguments, shooting is poorly portrayed in most msm now and popular votes are the only goal.

I have seen that the Finnish government are now looking to ban trophy hunting imports, the cynical amongst us must ask what these politicians say to each other on the mobile phone, you would think with the trouble in the world at the moment.

Guys we must not give up the battle against these idiots!!!!
@Novice Huntress and others.
I hear of this woke policy and woke government but forgive this humble colonial Australian but what the bloody hell is woke policy and woke government.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,