Blaser R8 with Suppressor

jimbo1972

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Messages
280
Reaction score
638
Location
Rockmart GA USA
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
1
Just a FYI.
If you are going to put a suppressor on a Blaser R8 you will need the high quick detach rings. Otherwise the suppressor will take up the bottom 1/4 of the scope field of view with the low mount. Only rifle I have had this issue with. With that said I now have 3 mounted but never fired low Blaser R8 quick detach scope mounts I will part with for $300 each shipping included to lower 48.
 
On my 375H&H barrel with iron sights and Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 in a Contessa QD mount…I can see the barrel and irons at 1x.

It’s only in the bottom 1/4 of the scope and I never noticed until you pointed it out. My brain just deletes it as I concentrate on the sight picture. I also use both eyes (open) at 1x so that may have something to do with it.

At 4x (and above) the field of view has closed down to exclude it or it’s too blurry to be of any concern.

I’d take a close look and see if you REALLY need to switch or maybe dialing up the magnification will change things. Every combination is different and so are we as individuals. Do what makes the most sense for you.
 
I use SR (rail mount) versions of the Z8 on my R8s. Even at 0.75x I don’t see the suppressor. For many reasons I only use rail mount.
 
On my 375H&H barrel with iron sights and Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 in a Contessa QD mount…I can see the barrel and irons at 1x.

It’s only in the bottom 1/4 of the scope and I never noticed until you pointed it out. My brain just deletes it as I concentrate on the sight picture. I also use both eyes (open) at 1x so that may have something to do with it.

At 4x (and above) the field of view has closed down to exclude it or it’s too blurry to be of any concern.

I’d take a close look and see if you REALLY need to switch or maybe dialing up the magnification will change things. Every combination is different and so are we as individuals. Do what makes the most sense for you.
It’s minor on the sights for the 375 barrel but my Banish backcountry suppressor is 1.7 inches in diameter really obscures my view on the 257 Weatherby and now 300 Win Mag.
 
I would be interested in one of the mounts
 
Reduce magnification. I have a z6i, I believe 12x, on 375 Blaser with threaded natural and all good.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,242
Members
169,283
Latest member
Patrick_Parker
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top