Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
This one is a little different. I’m considering having a Blaser R8 barrel in .375 H&H rechambered to .375 Weatherby (Just a round I’ve always wanted to play with). Sounds simple enough but the local gunsmiths I’ve talked to only work on AR’s, handguns or a couple work on standard bolt guns. I’ve considered just having an aftermarket barrel made (J. Sipp or Palehorse Zero), but after hearing some of the horror stories, I’m a bit dubious about dealing with them.
So my question is: Has anyone had their Blaser barrel rechambered and who did the work?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Which barrel size? I would be hesitant to modify a standard weight barrel. A semi has a lot more additional mass.

Which barrel size? I would be hesitant to modify a standard weight barrel. A semi has a lot more additional mass.
17mm. I’m not overly concerned with adding weight. If needed, I’ll add a KickStop.

17mm. I’m not overly concerned with adding weight. If needed, I’ll add a KickStop.
I am not either. I would be concerned about reducing steel where pressure matters.

My thinking is that the barrel dimensions of the .375 HH and the .300 Wby are the same. The body of the .375 Wby is basicly the same as the .300. The only real difference would be in the neck area. What would be the difference between the HH and the Wby?

Blaser made 375 Blaser barrels. If you want more 375 just buy one. It is kind of a 375 Remington Ultra on a slightly smaller scale.

375 H&H Blaser barrels sell like hot cakes.

I also would not screw with a Blaser barrel, there is some black magic going on in the hardness of the steel. Good way for your gunsmith to give you back a less than perfect barrel.

Blaser made 375 Blaser barrels. If you want more 375 just buy one. It is kind of a 375 Remington Ultra on a slightly smaller scale.

375 H&H Blaser barrels sell like hot cakes.
I’ve thought of that , but like the idea of having the ability to use H&H ammo if needed.

For the hassle and price you will pay just have j sipp make one for 1100 bucks.

I have a bag of like 50-65 375 weatherby cases formed from H&H you can have if you want them.

T
I have a bag of like 50-65 375 weatherby cases formed from H&H you can have if you want them.
Thanks, but I have a good supply of .H&H brass, plus a few Wby cases.

www.35caliber.com J E S RIFLE REBORING TOOK OUR R93 .300 WSM TO A .358 WSM WITH GREAT RESULTS.

PM sent with info.

@meigsbucks I don't want anything for them.I will send them to you free. I have put them on the "Pay it Forward" twice and no one claimed them . So if you don't want them they are going in the trash friday

@meigsbucks I don't want anything for them.I will send them to you free. I have put them on the "Pay it Forward" twice and no one claimed them . So if you don't want them they are going in the trash friday
OK, I’ll take them. PM me your address and I’ll send you shipping cost.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ninego2097

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!